Access Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Times

I seem to have the opposite problem then most of what I have read so far here. For a newbie its quite daunting to find all the post that may be pertinent to me, there are simply too many. I have been separated for 1 year now, and need a court order (as per CAS) but thats another can of worms. I have consulted a lawyer but have not moved forward as I am still collecting all the paperwork I need. Really as I see it I only have one issue and thats the visitation schedule. Dad sees the kids every Wednesday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm and then overnight every Saturday from 5:00 pm till the following Sunday at 5:00 pm. Thats 27 hours a week. Long weekends and holidays are not shared it just the same schedule. I am hoping a Judge could "make" for a better word, take them more often, or at least share some of the school holidays and summer vacation. Has anyone heard of a Judge doing that?

You cant force a parent to be a parent. If he doesnt want them more then he doesnt have to take them.

If you wanted a more set schedule you could seek it out but your best bet would be to ask him and try to work it out that way.

Him having them every weekend is not the greatest if you want to travel.

Comment

Thanks rockscan! Yet, you can force them to pay child support, doesnt make sense to me.

We have tried for almost a year now, and he wont budge. I am going to propose a more equal calendar, and see what happens through the legal process.

Travel for me is not really an issue, but it would be nice to have a break every so often.

Comment

We are having same issue with my wife's ex, she has sole custody, he has eow (Saturday from noon till Sunday 6pm) , and 14 consecutive days a year in the agreement they have father has kids on holiday weekend he can have them for 1/2 the day on Monday if he does not work, guess what, he has never taken them, on a holiday, and if he does he says I did it for you, and as soon as my wife brings a motion to change child support he responds with he wants sole custody, And if he does not get sole he wants reduced time with them eow (24 hours) and Christmas only, like everyone (cas or other agencies) will say you can't make him take them.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          I am going to propose a more equal calendar, and see what happens through the legal process.

Travel for me is not really an issue, but it would be nice to have a break every so often.
          I think I might love you.

This is a great example of a mother trying her hardest to involve a father in the children's life.

I posted many articles on these forums outlining the benefits of 50-50 relationships. One of them is getting that "break" when the children are at the other parents. We dont need the break or anything but it does allow both parents to re-energize, etc.

Hopefully he will come around. I have zero respect for any man who wont be in their children's life as much as humanly possible.

You are an inspiration here. I hope some posters here learn something and follow your lead.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words LovingFather 32, I am far from being an example yet, to be honest I am having a hard time excepting his new gf as the new step-mom, even though I knew it would be inevitable, maybe I will start a new thread on this, to get some advice on how to cope with my feelings.

As for 50/50 I naively thought that was the norm now a days. I was quite shocked to find out this was not the case. I even thought that going to court was going to be automatic 50/50.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X