Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
    Nope
    It going to be next step (now with bankruptcy court ruling and second cost order hopefully court has enough).

WD
    You have probably enough for a summary judgement for it too. But, sometimes the amount of paperwork to do a summary judgement isn't worth it and a regular motion is better.

Comment

Congratulations Working Dad, I've been off the radar for a couple of months but glad you got the ruling.

Comment

Hi All

Here is update on this trial. Today Justice render his decision regarding cost. Unfortunately there will be no written endorsement since reason were provided orally but in nut shell it all came down to the following:

1. Justice agree with analysis of the law, cost for self rep, ability to pay etc done for the trial 2011.
        2. All the same except this time Mother found to act in bad faith.
        3. Mother should not litigate with impunity and immunity
        4. Cost order - $20k all inclusive.

That pretty much all (at least what I remember)

Regards,
        WD
        congrats in order, i have a question though
        first time around if i remember correctly the trial was 17 days and cost award was 10k?
        this time the trial was 7 days and the cost 20k .. how did you manage that?

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
          congrats in order, i have a question though
          first time around if i remember correctly the trial was 17 days and cost award was 10k?
          this time the trial was 7 days and the cost 20k .. how did you manage that?
          Major difference is that this time mom acted in bad faith and among of paperwork work is way more. 5 volumes of trial record 3 volumes of do briefs etc...

Wd

Comment

Congratulations WD!

Comment

Major difference is that this time mom acted in bad faith and among of paperwork work is way more. 5 volumes of trial record 3 volumes of do briefs etc...

Wd
              25KG of paperwork it sounds like...

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                25KG of paperwork it sounds like...
                not quite
                it was about 15kg if my memory serve me right.

but our file is now at vol 7 tab 7*. It definitely over 25 KG

WD

Comment

not quite
                  it was about 15kg if my memory serve me right.

but our file is now at vol 7 tab 7*. It definitely over 25 KG

WD
                  You know there are issues when the continuing record possibly weighs as much as the child involved in the matter!

Seventh Tab of the Seventh Volume... I think Iron Maiden wrote a song about that...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X