Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing a complaint with college of social workers about OCL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing a complaint with college of social workers about OCL ?

Anyone done this before ?

What is best approach? Attach OCL dispute alongside any additional concerns/complaints not in the dispute ?

Attach final court Order showing the recommendations were ultimately not rendered in a court order and basically not logical and biased ?

What effects does a complaint have about social workers ? Does it look bad on them ? Just curious, I could really care less if they get license revoked.

Bump!

No one has ever filed a complain about OCL ?

Comment

I can't answer your question, but am curious to know why you want to pursue this? I understand from previous posts you have Joint 50/50 custody, why bother?

What I am finding is each OCL assessor seems to do things differently, and the members I have chatted with all seem to be experiencing something different.

Personally I like it! We are each being on our best behaviour, its like we are being watched and custody is at stake, I wish they could stay forever

Comment

Would take me a while to type it out. While I do have 5050 access and joint custody, it was not something recommend by the OCL. I had to go to court for it.
        Last edited by tunnelight; 01-19-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I'm thinking its must be hard for an assessor to take a "snapshot" of the child's life at a moment in time and base their decision/report on that. If it would be cathartic for you to write a complaint then I would go for it. Who knows if it will make a difference but at least you tried.

I have read many threads on this forum, not to get them involved as it adds time and expense, but I personally am looking forward to an outsiders opinion.

Comment

Almost all of the OCL reports recommend no 50:50 custody. There are so many threads on here where dads counsel other dads to have the reports thrown out. Filing a complaint will do little. Move on with your life and focus your energy on your kids.

Comment

I totally understand where you are coming from. The social worker recommended I have full custody which I was awarded. However that being said there were many other things she did, said and put into writing which were way out of line and damaging. I too wanted to report her. I didn’t. For several reasons. Whether you are justified or not any complaints or negativity expressed while a family law case is underway is seen as vindictive and vexatious. This includes reporting any professionals such as lawyers, judges, OCL, police, CAS, doctors, etc. It also includes any allegations of DV. True or false. Doesn’t matter. In family court it will be held against you at a later date. Even if you are right.
              The other thing to take into consideration is to pick your battles wisely. It takes time and energy to file a complaint. Be very careful which hill you pick to die on.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X