How to "word" request for S.7 support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
    There are help wanted signs all over Brampton. I find this hard to believe.

Sounds like you are not willing to work evenings and weekends or are being very picky with your schedule.

Help wanted signs everywhere, therefore everyone should be employed. Classic argument from someone who hasn't spent time looking for a job.

Why is EI available in Brampton if help wanted signs are EVERYWHERE?

Comment

According to Links, there is good money to be made in prostitution.

Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

I don't believe there are many grandmother aged hookers!

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
          Help wanted signs everywhere, therefore everyone should be employed. Classic argument from someone who hasn't spent time looking for a job.

Why is EI available in Brampton if help wanted signs are EVERYWHERE?
          I think what FB_ was referring to was more about broadening the search and not expecting a 9-5, office job like the OP stated in an earlier post. But just even a quick kijiji search shows tons of jobs.

That being said, this post was about how to request Dad pay for some of the drivers training and not about the OP's employment. If the OP gets an income imputed to her, she can deal with it then, but in the mean time, it is about Dad helping out his child in his best interest.

Comment

And I DO apply. 99% of the time there is no response. Most kijiji jobs don't mention the business you're applying to. Some of the ads are fronts for other businesses who just want to part you from your money (yes, there are plenty of scams among job postings). Sometimes I receive interviews.
            If I was employed, I would also find it hard to believe how difficult it is to find a job. Believe me, it IS very hard to find employment.

Comment

Originally posted by Epona View Post
              I don't believe there are many grandmother aged hookers!
              Maybe there will be a lot more now that the secret is out about how to knock yourself up and make a living on child support.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                I think what FB_ was referring to was more about broadening the search and not expecting a 9-5, office job like the OP stated in an earlier post. But just even a quick kijiji search shows tons of jobs.

That being said, this post was about how to request Dad pay for some of the drivers training and not about the OP's employment. If the OP gets an income imputed to her, she can deal with it then, but in the mean time, it is about Dad helping out his child in his best interest.
                OP has already stated there is no intention of court, so imputed income is irrelevant.

The OP already stated that she's applied to McD's, Timmies, etc, etc, and has even considered entering a trade - so she's gone far beyond the 9 to 5 scenario.

Comment

Dad's answer to the letter suggested by Rioe's? Was thus:
                  Please explain the meaning of your words “appreciate some additional assistance from (me)?”

Comment

"...the secret is out about how to knock yourself up and make a living on child support."
                    Please, DO TELL, what is the secret? Because I haven't encountered it yet!

Comment

Dad's answer to the letter suggested by Rioe's? Was thus:
                      Please explain the meaning of your words “appreciate some additional assistance from (me)?”
                      More polite than I usually get. LOL.

Then, now's your chance to say, pay the XX amount for the course now and very soon he'll be self-sufficient.

I tried to PM you, but your box is full.

Comment

I would respond saying something along the lines of, while he does provide CS on a monthly basis, unfortunately you are unable to cover the whole cost of the program. You would appreciate if he were able to assist son with this driving program to ensure he will gain his apprenticeship and that if he wishes to speak to son about this, maybe him and son can set up a payment plan to pay Dad back when he does get his apprenticeship.

Dad is being difficult, but the best way to deal with it is just to be polite.

Comment

"...the secret is out about how to knock yourself up and make a living on child support."
                          Please, DO TELL, what is the secret? Because I haven't encountered it yet!
                          LOL - The prostitution thread.

Apparently it's easy to hook up with a guy, not swallow, knock yourself up with a turkey baster and then live on the child support for the next 18 years.

Comment

Eeewww (has to be at least 10 characters long) :-D

Comment

Eeewww (has to be at least 10 characters long) :-D
                              I concur. But, the fear has created an need for prostitutes of non-child bearing age (or the tubally tied). There may be help wanted signs at street corners soon!

Comment

I think I forgot to mention that before ex presented me with his first separation agreement (about 12 years ago), he removed about $13,000 from the eldest son's trust account, which is money that I and maternal relatives had contributed for the eldest sons future. There may have been a few hundred for the younger child (since he didn't have a SIN at the time).
                                The least he should do is help pay for driving lessons (probably with money from the trust fund, that I contributed). So basically, he'd be paying us with the money he stole from our son's trust fund. :-(

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X