This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.K. gang keep you fingers crossed!

Oh Man..talk about take the bulls by the horns! I have invited my spouce over here to supper...he is coming around 4 this afternoon.......the kids will be here so if he kills me at least I will have witnesses...it's been six months so I hope he will have cooled off. My point is that we need to attempt to talk and work things out between the two of us, in that the "litigation" has gone on long enough. (His lawyer is now trying to bring in yet ANOTHER lawyer for the kids 15 and `12); I feel (no offence Jeff) many lawyers out there start some sort of crazy baseball game where everything is coriographed and the participants (my souce and I) simply sit back, watch the game as it unfolds and write the cheques. Just since the two conversations I have had with him yesterday I have found (that by comparing notes) many of the "issues" were not even mentioned to either one of us via our lawyers. Someheow many times when each of us were called in for a meeing there always seemed to be a "presentation" of demands by the other party laid in our laps right then and there so that the documents placed before us we signed without really reading them.(Does this make any sence to anyone?) This may be a stupid move but I feel I need to at least TRY to work things out before casting all aside. We were married for 18 years, surely to God we can at least try to work out an agreement betwen us. (By the way, as I understand it my spouce also mentioned a mediator (as I did) to his lawyer but each in turn "poo-pooed" the idea). I'll probabley be writing back tomorrow crying on your shoulders but for now please say a prayer.

I'll put my hands together for you.

While the others keep their fingers crossed, I'll put my two hands together for you.

You can at least say you attempted to work things out amicably. You'd at least be clearing your consciousness, if not, then both your wallets!

A MIGHTY blessing that things will work out for you!

Hubby

Comment

My hopes and thoughts will be with you too. Good Luck and post back tonight.

Comment

I think this is a good idea and it also is putting out an olive branch.
        I think if both of you are reasonable, you will be successful in settling a lot of the issues in an amicable way.

Having your children there well, I think the both of you's will be on your best behavior. The kids will most likely enjoy the evening just to see mom and dad talking again in a civilized fashion.

18 years of marriage is a long time. You must of did something right in those 18 years. Its a good point to remember that at one time you did love each other.

Its a win win situation if you can settle the issues.

Good luck to you

Comment

Well, how'd it go? I didn't get online yesterday, or I would've sent you my best wishes then, but I'm hoping everything went well!

Comment

Just saw your other thread! Duh! I'm gonna get a little more coffee, and then go read it!

Comment

I truly hope everything went smooth and clear.

I am sorry that I couldn't wish you my best luck earlier - please let us know how everything went.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X