Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry you went through that and I'm sure it was very difficult.

Comment

There was a sponsorship agreement (contract) that he signed to financially be responsible for me and ensure that I do not go on welfare. His mother co-signed and attached a letter with this. He kept this agreement from me when him and his family removed me from home. I had nothing to do with the agreement it was attached to my permanent resident application when his mom sent it off on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbug View Post
        There was a sponsorship agreement (contract) that he signed to financially be responsible for me and ensure that I do not go on welfare. His mother co-signed and attached a letter with this. He kept this agreement from me when him and his family removed me from home. I had nothing to do with the agreement it was attached to my permanent resident application when his mom sent it off on my behalf.
        This would not have been forever. It would have had a time limit. Further, it doesn't mean you are not responsible for finding a job and supporting yourself.

What is it you want? Be specific. You are planning a court action, you need to have an issue, you need to ask for something. What? Detail this. I am trying to help you here.

Again, what was the time frame of the sponsership?

Comment

And no im not looking for someone to tell me that I'm wrong or right and I am not looking for someone to agree or disagree with me either.

I except my actions whether they be wrong or right. In my mind at that time I was doing the right thing and I thought I had legit reasons. I understand the impact this has on everyone including my ex, his family, and my daughter not to mention my own family. My daughter is very young so luckily it doesn't have much of an impact, but a future occurence would result in damage to everyone including myself. I'm aware of that.

I'm just trying to make a life here in Canada, but I've racked up my own debt in court costs which have resulted in garnishment. I've married a Canadian, presently pregnant, I have a good job now, a vehicle, established & stable home etc.. I want to do better, but this money is holding a big weight on me and it would be nice to have this theory of sponsorship payments or spouse support be back tracked the hard times I went through. I'm not saying I'm the only one, as it takes two. But I just want to be fair. I need the costs down and I'm working on it in court to be adjusted to the correct amount.

Comment

Sorry for your miscarriage, that's very sad.

Apparently you preferred the American health care system to help you manage the pregnancy of your second child when you decided to flee there so urgently?

We'll never know what could have happened if you have stayed, followed the law and acted responsibly.

Comment

Those are valid reasons. You need to detail the sponsership agreement in order to get any opinion as to whether this is worth pursuing.

Comment

not to sound mean or anything... but your other option is to say "fuck it", let it go as a lesson learned, and move forward & build up the life you're living now......

....just saying...
                Last edited by cbarker78; 07-10-2012, 02:18 PM. Reason: can't type :P

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                  This would not have been forever. It would have had a time limit. Further, it doesn't mean you are not responsible for finding a job and supporting yourself.

What is it you want? Be specific. You are planning a court action, you need to have an issue, you need to ask for something. What? Detail this. I am trying to help you here.

Again, what was the time frame of the sponsership?
                  I want back payments of support for the 3 year term he was financially responsible for me. And I want that to go towards the arrears I owe. Honestly I happy with calling it even cus essentially he could owe more than I owe him. I don't want the money. It's not about the money. I just want to be fair in all of this. But my arrears haven't been adjusted to the proper amount according income taxes. I have a lot of issues I want to cover, but I should stay on topic of just the sponsorship. If he cannot pay, then the co-signer should be held accountable. This is not to get back at him in any way shape or form.

But I'm finding it impossible to be able to stay in Canada with all these issues from the FRO, lawyers, court, garnishment, immigration issues, etc.

Comment

Indeed, trying to get your costs reduced?

WHY? Every penny you are paying is mostly money that your former spouse had to pay just to see the daughter you illegally fled with. It's the penalty for your poor, irresponsible decisions. Luckily for you, you have the option of having your freedom, which obviously you're using as you've already met someone else and started over again. The reality is that jail time would have been a very fair sentence for what you did, and you would not have the freedom you have now.

Pay the price for your own actions and let the past go.

Comment

Originally posted by winterwolf7 View Post
                      Sorry for your miscarriage, that's very sad.

Apparently you preferred the American health care system to help you manage the pregnancy of your second child when you decided to flee there so urgently?

We'll never know what could have happened if you have stayed, followed the law and acted responsibly.
                      Let's not compare health care systems. I had a miscarriage recently due to progesterone not being ministered to me because they didn't have my file from the USA. They couldnt give me what I needed based off what I said. I miscarried then too.

This time around, I was ministered progesterone and have maintained this pregnancy successfully so far. But I had to face another miscarriage again to get it in Canada. Versus I 'fled' to USA to get care and it was to late.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbug View Post
                        But I'm finding it impossible to be able to stay in Canada with all these issues from the FRO, lawyers, court, garnishment, immigration issues, etc.
                        You are with a new partner and pregnant and finding it may be impossible to stay in Canada?

Comment

Well clearly that would be less profitable. And she faces the possibility of repeating the EXACT same scenario with Hubby #2. Slow learner, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                            You are with a new partner and pregnant and finding it may be impossible to stay in Canada?
                            Well if it didn't work the first time...

She'll flee with this child back to the US, leave her partner and try again to get spousal and child support again obviously.

The best predictor of future behaviour is...

Past behaviour. Poor new husband

Comment

Perhaps you should have skipped worrying about where to get progesterone administered and started worrying about where to get birth control until you got things worked out.

Suffering miscarriage after miscarriage is really stressful on your body and its too bad that you didn't handle things with the first child before embarking on several more pregnancies.

Since the goose is now cooked, however, best wishes with this new child.

Note: By the way, how are you going to handle this outstanding debt with another baby on the way? I would have really thought that through better unless you had motives for the repeated pregnancies which is a disturbing thought.
                              Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM. Reason: typo heaven....

Comment

Quite clearly she feels the solution to her problems is to have more kids with more men.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X