X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused, frustrated and have questions

Hi there everyone

I left my husband two years ago (in the sense that told him that I wished to no longer be married to him) he recently moved out (6 months ago). I live on my own now and have no income except for what I am given monthly from a outside source to completely finish college.

There are alot of reasons why I had to end it and he is aware of all of them.. He has promised me not to contest the divorce when it finally gets started but that is my problem...........I don't know how to get started or who to go to.....
    My ex is recieving assistance and he recently told me that when I get a job, social assistance expects me to pay him support? I find that interesting since when I applied I was never told that and suddenly I am going to be expected to pay?
    My biggest question is can I file for divorce now or do we have to be lving apart for a year? Can anyone help??? I want to move on with life and I FEEL that this is going to hold me back BIG TIME...

What jurisdiction are you in?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X