Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most important thing you learned from ODF is ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    It was a humorous observation and not a critique.

... and I took it as such. Everything I've posted on this thread has been written with tongue firmly in cheek (too bad there's no emoji for that!).

(Well, except for the part about learning not to respond to every nutbar message from the ex - that part was serious).

Comment

What I learned the most is that the best advice and opinion are primarily from a bunch of monkeys on this forum. Plus, it's free!

I also learned that your best advocate was precisely yourself.

With my first lawyer, I was losing my whole equity, half my pension as a lump in lieu of SS and giving away full custody as she was pushing me to sign an agreement that she did not revised carefully. Because of her, I also completely lost access to my house and children. And today I don't pay SS.

My second lawyer... gees... I don't remember what my second lawyer did.... oh well she did nothing..... that's it she did nothing, this is why I fired her right off the bat.

My third and present lawyer, almost cost me my equity as she was directing me to sign the Direction and Acknowledgement to transfer the deeds of the matrimonial home to my ex without receiving my share. She said I would be in breach of the order if I refused to sign. Well I didn't and I was never served with a notice of contempt motion. Before my lawyer served and filed my affidavit today, I requested to revise everything before doing so as I only trust myself from now on.

Makes me wonder who really are the Monkeys... the ODF posters or our lawyers?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X