Tips for how to proceed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for how to proceed?

My husband's current court order for DSD (dear stepdaughter) is EOWE and one night during the week. Since July 2017 we have done week on/week off and filed in August 2018 for 50/50 custody as BM had threatened multiple times to end the 50/50 whenever she was mad.
    Its noteworthy that we continued to pay full child support and she recieved 100% of the baby bonus we recieve in Canada during this time.
    It's also noteworthy that DSD (dear stepdaughter) spent most of the summer with me, and BM denied requests from DSD (dear stepdaughter) to see her when she was with us as things were "complicated" with her life and it was easier for DSD (dear stepdaughter)to just stay with us.
    They agreed in mediation to continue the 50/50, setting a new agreement for child support. They both make the same income and there would be very little ($17/month) ordered.
    Our court date came and as DH (dear husband) got into the court house BM said "im going to sign paperwork to agree to our mediation agreement" except BM never filed her response and has an adjournment until the end of October. In the meantime DSD (dear stepdaughter) is saying she "doesnt know if she wants to continue the 50/50" and is refusing to come on our previously agreed upon, but not court ordered days. She also told her paternal grandmother that "mommy says I dont know what I want" when it comes to the 50/50 agreement.

We are heartbroken. We are a very kind and loving family and have a little boy who is very confused about why his sister was here all the time and now she isn't.

We feel this could be an issue with money as BM (or DSD, who's 10) has never had an issue with the 50/50 until we filed with the courthouse. We are bending over backwards to accommodate DSD (dear stepdaughter) for now but we are concerned about this potential alienation is doing to DSD.

Does anyone have any gentle advice for me/us on how to proceed. We are in contact with 2 of the top lawyers in my city but are anxiously waiting to hear back. Our next court ordered visit with DSD (dear stepdaughter) is Tuesday but I would love any advice we could get.

Thank you
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X