This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***For a Laugh***

My husband has been trying to negotiate with his ex again, since yesterday and all of your help. We wanted to let you know that in the most recent of these negotions, while attempts were genuine, she yet again is mentioning the idea of moving out of town, when she just got back.

We put a 30km distance restriction on both parties and she says she doesnt like that nor does she want to agree. AND that she was considering moving close to where she was before she moved back to town.

This is what we are/were trying to get through everyones head, and for evrytime she says she will not agree to my husband's terms, there is 9 times out of 10 an earlier email statign she will agree.

For instance on the 30km clause, in November she agreed, but today she doesnt want to agree, and yes we are keeping ALL the emails.

Comment

It's unfortunate, but looks like you have no other alternative and follow through. Hopefully, with best foot forward to support cause, and at the end of the day, all concerned is satisfied with resulting order.

Comment

I wouldn't agree to anything final until you go before a Judge. Offer to accommodate whenever you actually realistically can but do not commit to a new schedule.
        Last edited by abaker; 01-06-2011, 04:17 PM. Reason: Replied to Wrong thread question. I really can't figure out this website...not very computer savvy

Comment

Originally posted by ConcernenedStepMom78 View Post
          ***For a Laugh***
          I must have missed the part that you consider amusing.

Comment

I can appreciate that you are feeling a little defensive...

I participate in this forum, because I know a bit about Family Law and Court procedures from my own personal experiences.... I also enjoy the banter, debates and occasional bits of humor.

But this is a public forum, and I don't appreciate, or want "Private Messages"....

I don't know why you and your husband thought I was his ex wife... But I can assure you, I am not.... and I find it a little insulting that you would accuse me of such.

Notwithstanding your statement that the "dates" of my forum membership don't coincide with your life drama.... but my family history, and the threads I have created are in no way similar to your circumstances.

I think you are both being paranoid and a little ridiculous.

I can assure you that I don't have any sort of "personal vendetta" against you.

You should consider bringing yourselves down a couple of pegs...

*News Flash*: The world does not revolve around you...

Comment

Oh my.

Comment

RS I sent you a private message instead of broadcasting it to the world. In the forums emtions can flare, and feelings can get hurt, we are real people with real problems, each having their own experiences and feelings about things. The way you view something is not the way someone else will view it. That is the wonder and miracle of being individuals, with our thoughts and perceptions, what a boring place the world would be if we were all the same.

With that being said RS each person in here has had their OWN personal experience with the Family COurt system, and if there is one thing I have leanred there is NO experience that is 100% identical.

We can offer advice, and console for each person going through their very own very personal experience, and we can say..."This is what I had to go through" but that does not make any of us experts, nor does it give us the right to bash anybody in here. If we are to offer advice, console each other, and offer assistance, it must be done with an open mind, an open heart, and "Without Prejudice" . Hehe I finally found a proper place for that term.

Comment

Oh wow. Concerned, I hope you take my advice and talk to someone BEFORE you head to trial. I do understand your concern about your step-children but you are VERY emotionally invested. This may hurt you when you are dealing with the LEGAL side of this.

Where is the "facepalm" kitten lady when you need her?

Comment

What is said in here, emotional or not, is not rare in any thread.
                    I have all confidence that what CSM78 says in here is not what she will say in the courtroom. In here, it is a way to express the circumstances, emotionally and all so that the reader can grasp it in its depths.

In court it has to be to the point and positive, non bashing. I have had a judge sit and listen to my ex bash me on a regular basis and he sat and listened. If I tried to defend or show proof of it being a lie, I would get a negative look from the judge. I learned to just shut up and let her go on, whether it was helping her or not, truth will prevail and I believe that.

She and I both talked to others in here as well, what we are working toward in a court setting is not what is portrayed here. We only want, as I said, for the reader to grasp the situation and give the best response possible.

Many times it is very hard to get someone to change their outlook once they have made up their mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConcernenedStepMom78 View Post
                      We can offer advice, and console for each person going through their very own very personal experience, and we can say..."This is what I had to go through" but that does not make any of us experts, nor does it give us the right to bash anybody in here. If we are to offer advice, console each other, and offer assistance, it must be done with an open mind, an open heart, and "Without Prejudice" .
                      I certainly hope you aren't referring to me, with this "statement".

I have yet to "bash" you for anything.... nor have I ever claimed to be an expert....

But you have done nothing but rant and rave and complain about your husbands ex... who you claim is a useless, absent Mother....and then have the audacity to accuse ME of being her??

Seriously...

*RS shakes her head in disgust*
                      Last edited by representingself; 01-07-2011, 10:50 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

• *** Sighs***

Comment

• Originally posted by ConcernedDad71 View Post

She and I both talked to others in here as well, what we are working toward in a court setting is not what is portrayed here. We only want, as I said, for the reader to grasp the situation and give the best response possible.

Many times it is very hard to get someone to change their outlook once they have made up their mind.
                          Well your fortunate that the readers have taken the time and conveyed a view in a collaborative consensus on information provided. This thread is just looping in circles. It appears you have made up your minds, regardless. Good luck and all the best.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X