Small Claims Court Motions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Claims Court Motions

Anyone have any experience with motions in small claims court? Specifically with garnishment orders? Non-family law related.

Message me if you do!

Specifically Im looking for tips on how to respond to a statement of facts.

Comment

I have to appear in small claims court next week to respond to a motion to terminate a garnishment oder. Small claims works the same way any court does. Im representing myself considering i have no money (hence the filing of a garnishment order for the money owed to me).

Anyone who has self repped got any tips for behaviour, what not to say etc? In my responding affidavit I laid out the facts on the order i filed. The other party is claiming i owe them money and they are going after me via the landlord and tenant board. In additionto what I stated in my affidavit Im arguing I have no orders against me and the allegations in their motion are unproven. Im arguing to have the motion dismissed and the order left intact.

Any comments/advice are welcome. Im a little scared!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X