Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form 15a - Question - Over-payment of C.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 15a - Question - Over-payment of C.S.

All,

I'm in the process of filling out Form 15/15a w.r.t. terminating child support for my oldest daughter who is now 22, graduated from university in April of 2018 and working in her field of study.

I continued making child support payments for my oldest until October 30th, 2018 even though she had been working full time since the summer of 2018.

I have attempted to contact my former spouse and her new lawyer since the summer of 2018 and resolve this amicably and with consent (form 15D) but they dragged there feet. I was frustrated with them for taking so long as they had no incentive to address this in a timely manner. I contacted the FRO and spoke with my agent and explained the situation.

Bottom line is that I'm now filling a motion to change child support without consent as they will not respond to my e-mail requests.

When requesting re-reimbursement for over-payment of child support, do you ask for the money or a credit towards future child support (as I currently have a 15 year old which I'm paying child support for to the FRO)

Thanks in advance

You can ask for both. Make sure you ask for costs too.

Comment

As I'm self represented, could I ask for costs for having to take time off of work?

Thanks

Comment

Yes. You may not get it but if your offer is reasonable and your ex is being difficult then go for it.

Comment

Another question to ask yourself is how will the ex pay you back the arrears? Not if they can, but what options you have to get them.

Here is an article with examples on how to calculate your costs. One spouse was awarded 75$/hr for trial prep + 300$/ day for work missed.

http://familyllb.com/2018/04/12/self...-for-yourself/

Comment

Originally posted by bake View Post
            All,

I'm in the process of filling out Form 15/15a w.r.t. terminating child support for my oldest daughter who is now 22, graduated from university in April of 2018 and working in her field of study.

I continued making child support payments for my oldest until October 30th, 2018 even though she had been working full time since the summer of 2018.

I have attempted to contact my former spouse and her new lawyer since the summer of 2018 and resolve this amicably and with consent (form 15D) but they dragged there feet. I was frustrated with them for taking so long as they had no incentive to address this in a timely manner. I contacted the FRO and spoke with my agent and explained the situation.

Bottom line is that I'm now filling a motion to change child support without consent as they will not respond to my e-mail requests.

When requesting re-reimbursement for over-payment of child support, do you ask for the money or a credit towards future child support (as I currently have a 15 year old which I'm paying child support for to the FRO)

Thanks in advance
            we are on a very similar situation....nerve filled up a form....do you mind helping me ?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X