This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally over!

Well it has been two and a half years and have finally settled with my ex.This was an excellent site...Wish I would of found it sooner...I would have reccomended my ex to look at it also. The Law is pretty straight forward but as soon as emotions take over it gets very ugly and the only winners are the lawyers..The two most important dates are date of marriage and date of separation....all the math is based on those dates and what ever happens financially good or bad between those dates do not really matter. With today's chances of a marriage lasting 50% I would highly reccomend any newlyweds to do a financial picture as of date of marriage and make a happy file and photocopy everything and keep it in a safe place and hope you never need it...but if you need this info 5 or 10 years later...you will be glad you did and say that crazy vstar was right! Thanks for all the info everyone!

Congratulations! I am glad to hear that all has and is working out for you. It is true that the law IS very straight forward.... it is just getting everyone else to be so as well... Well we all know.... but again Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations, what a load off your mind. Now you get to move forward with your life.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X