This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cohab Agreement

okay but she is also putting down a downpayment on her end so not just the 3 months 7k down.

So back to the trust thing. Leave he house to her and she get a life insurance policy for me? I would need coverage as well if I die she would accumulate 150k what if she dies? I would need to be protected just as she in the spirit of fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDad300 View Post
      okay but she is also putting down a downpayment on her end so not just the 3 months 7k down.

So back to the trust thing. Leave he house to her and she get a life insurance policy for me? I would need coverage as well if I die she would accumulate 150k what if she dies? I would need to be protected just as she in the spirit of fairness.
      In the spirit of fairness, the house becomes hers if you die, and you have already paid half...so she just profitted by what, 150K? But if she dies, you get the house and the mortgage...big difference. That's all.

But ask me again tomorrow when I am less ornery with the forum...I might be more soft-hearted and willing to advise generousity

Comment

Cohab Agreement

Understood but we could put in the cohab agreement that she must have life insurance for approx 150k-200k to be fair to me right?

Comment

Understood but we could put in the cohab agreement that she must have life insurance for approx 150k-200k to be fair to me right?
          Yes. But then HER estate loses out.

Comment

Cohab Agreement

I guess what you are saying is that as she accumulates equity in the home I would reap that benefit as well as the life insurance. I guess we can have some sort of scale every x amount of years the life insurance policy changes so she is not having me reap extra benefits.

Comment

I guess what you are saying is that as she accumulates equity in the home I would reap that benefit as well as the life insurance. I guess we can have some sort of scale every x amount of years the life insurance policy changes so she is not having me reap extra benefits.
              Yes, that would be more fair and equitable.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X