Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice to you is run, don't walk, but run to the closest vasectomy clinic asap. It is absolutly SHAMEFUL you choose not be be part of your child's life regardless of how much money you can contribute.

How is having a child crushing your hopes and dreams? What it should be is motivating you to work harder to share your hopes and dreams with your child and then be there to support theirs.

You can still be a young parent and have ambition and finish school. I did it, many others have done it. You are going to regret your decsion in the future. Having a child is a blessing and contrary to your sleazy comment an unborn child does indeed have more value than the fly you just killed. And this is my PRO CHOICE opinin.

My only hope is that the mother of this child is blessed enough to meet someone whole values this child enough to adopt them and dispose the child of the burden that is yourself.

Your a pig.

Comment

LMAO, just wait until the Baby Momma grows a clue and realizes that she has a meal ticket for life in this form of this guy.

He's going to get rocked at some point. Then he'll be one of those guys on the news ya hear about bitching and moaning about hard done by he is.

Don't want kids? Wrap it. Ever? Get snipped.

Otherwise, you did the deed and now you get to contribute. It's called being a man and putting on the big boy pants. Welcome to adulthood.

Comment

ThePhilosopher: 1. Both parents have rights to a child, however custody is established by a child current circumstances. As she is his primary care giver and you want nothing to do with him and assuming she been caring for him since birth, she has custody. Additionally, she does not need your permission to provide care, for travel or anything else for that matter, as you are not on the BC. So no, you do not need to go to court and give up custody rights. You have done that already.

2. You can give away your rights to parent your child but you can not give away your responsibility to support your child, regardless of how he was conceived, unless she where to chose to give him up adoption.

3. Even if she agrees that you need not take on the responsibility, you are still responsible regardless. She can not give away the rights of her child. She can and most likely will change her mind and you can do nothing about that now. You are and will be financially responsible for your child until he is at least 18 years of age and she can take you to court in 5 years or 10 years time when she realizes how hard it is being a single parent and get child support from you for all those missed years and for the future.

Not to mention the regret you will feel when he shows up at your home as an adult, fully grown to show you what you missed out on. Seriously, rethink your choices here.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
        Last edited by Pharah; 01-19-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Oh and by the way, you are as responsible for birth control as the women you sleep with. Do the world a favor and pick-up some condoms.

And another FYI, the court can order you to take a paternity test (and you will probably be the one paying for it) if she takes this to court.
          Last edited by Pharah; 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

How about that Romeo?

How's your day going now?

Comment

I was in university when my ex told me she was pregnant. The HUGE difference here is that I was a man, not a child, and took ownership of my responsibilities.

My son is now 7 and a blessing. It's crazy how children change you but it's also the most rewarding achievement of my life.

Comment

I guess he didn't realise this forum was full of people pushed (for years, and many $K's) to their limits of endurance due to
                1) not being able to get child support payments from the other parent
                2) not being allowed to parent (or even see) their child because the other parent won't let them

And along comes someone who does not want to pay and does not want to parent...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharah View Post
                  Oh and by the way, you are as responsible for birth control as the women you sleep with. Do the world a favor and pick-up some condoms.
                  Amen Pharah!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                    So you have a problem with her and you're taking it out on the child? Nice.

And to answer your original question, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to hear, whether you're on the birth certificate or not, whether you choose to bless your life by being involved with the child or not, you're still financially responsible for your contribution. The child is entitled to be supported and no judge is going to relieve you of that responsibility simply because you have dreams and aspirations in life, whether you wanted the child or not or even knew about the pregnancy. Good luck getting a job, passport, driver's license or anything else when you have CS arrears hanging over your head.

You want to ensure you have a decent future to look forward to? Man up, pay the child support and don't find yourself on here:

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/goodparentspay/gpp_index.aspx

because you can be damn sure that if you do, any potential schools, employers and financial institutions, not to mention potential future relationship prospects will.

Do yourself and the child a favour and take responsibility for your actions, regardless of your age. This isn't like writing a bad cheque, it doesn't go away over time, it gets worse over time.
                    For such an "icky" topic ... "blinkandimgone" got it BANG ON! ... no need for my comment ... just read above.

Oh wait ... I'm not known for keeping my mouth shut ... so to the OP:

MAN UP, GROW SOME BALLS and accept that fact that your little swimmers brought a LIFE into this world

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X