Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She was awarded Sole Custody, time to appeal...help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't say to retrain one but to see what your options are.

Comment

Occasionally cases are not pubicized because they involve minors, so names would not be released. That isn't necessarily the situation with every divorce but you won't find every case on Canlii for example. The simplest way to check is to go to the courthouse and without identifying yourself, ask for access or copies of the judge's order (the full transcript will require paying the court reporter). Most cases are available to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
        I didn't say to retrain one but to see what your options are.
        Sorry, kind of snapped there, yesterday was a difficult day due to visiting with a lawyer and getting the same advice as always....Give Up, you can't win...and then having my children for less time than they deserve due to the order.

Comment

Question about appeal

When I appeal, can I refer to anything in my case, or only things presented in my trial. I want to refer to the refusal of the OCL, and a motion for Sole Custody which she lost in January. The OCL refused involvement because we weren't a high conflict case, but if it isn't high conflict, why the Sole Custody order?

Comment

Dude you were down a road at trial that a very small % of us were at. Your current road is even less travelled.

Be careful about the advice here regarding appeals. It's going to be even less reliable due to our relative inexperience.

Comment

understood :P

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
              Dude you were down a road at trial that a very small % of us were at. Your current road is even less travelled.

Be careful about the advice here regarding appeals. It's going to be even less reliable due to our relative inexperience.
              Completely understood, but after this is done, I should have a wealth of knowledge to pass on.. Perhaps I should document my experiences and give them to your guys.....especially if I am successful

Comment

Originally posted by riverbag View Post
                LV, I requested Shared Parenting (2-2-3) as I thought I had enough proof to show that we could communicate when she wanted to, but she just controlled the communication. She shouldn't be able to control communication and then say we can't, that's not correct. She has been asking for Sole all along.
                What sort of access was ordered?

Comment

Access ordered

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
                  What sort of access was ordered?
                  I used to have every second weekend, 1 overnight during the week and a 1 2 hr visit, now I have every second weekend and 1 2 hr visit a week, no input on how they are raised...essentially I'm an uncle now.

Comment

and holidays?

Comment

and holidays?
                      I get them on Fathers Day, half of the Christmas vacation (equality there??), Easter...etc...standard stuff, I don't like the fact that I cannot attend activities that are not on my access nights, like for example dance classes, Karate classes etc. This was something I ALWAYS did, her Mother was never involved in her activities and I proved that, this only hurts my daughter.

Comment

Why not enroll your daughter in extra curricular activities that occur when she is in care. You do have that option. Although you might not be able to attend, Access to your daughter's progress in said other activities survives.

Comment

Why not enroll your daughter in extra curricular activities that occur when she is in care. You do have that option. Although you might not be able to attend, Access to your daughter's progress in said other activities survives.
                          I can't find any activities that are every second weekend and her Mother won't agree to take her to activities I sign her up for. I had signed her up for activities during my access, but since that has diminished and her Mother won't take her to those activities and plans to sign her up for other activities that I cannot attend...I guess I'm sunk.

Comment

I can't find any activities that are every second weekend
                            We found out that our local indoor soccer league (plays every Saturday) is fine with the kids playing every other weekend. They don't give a break on the costs... but at least we get to put them in a sport.

Comment

I don't like the fact that I cannot attend activities that are not on my access nights, like for example dance classes, Karate classes etc.
                              You're kidding me!

Was that put into the order?

What about school concerts? Parent teacher interviews?

Comment

Activities

Originally posted by lumpy View Post
                                We found out that our local indoor soccer league (plays every Saturday) is fine with the kids playing every other weekend. They don't give a break on the costs... but at least we get to put them in a sport.
                                I am keeping her in Karate as they are flexible on her attending as well and she really enjoys it, though they don't give me a break on pricing either. It's my involvement that bothers me and while it does seem selfish, it's what my daughter has been accustomed to and consistency is important at such a young age. I know there are changes coming so I might have to just bite the bullet.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X