Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separation Agreement forms specific for Common Law breakdown?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation Agreement forms specific for Common Law breakdown?

Good morning,
    This is my first post here...

I'm wondering if there is a "do it yourself" Separation Agreement out there that is specifically designed for a common law relationship? I've been searching, but haven't found one yet.

All the forms I have seen have listed "the wife" and "the husband"... as marriage (or lack of) turned out to be one of the sticky points of the breakdown, I'd like to avoid those terms, if possible.

Many thanks!

Originally posted by 5 years later View Post
    Good morning,
    This is my first post here...

I'm wondering if there is a "do it yourself" Separation Agreement out there that is specifically designed for a common law relationship? I've been searching, but haven't found one yet.

All the forms I have seen have listed "the wife" and "the husband"... as marriage (or lack of) turned out to be one of the sticky points of the breakdown, I'd like to avoid those terms, if possible.

Many thanks!
    You can always use "Party 1" and "Party 2" or other similar terms. That's what I used for my own separation agreement, and I was married (not anymore!).

Comment

Thanks, that is a great work around!

Comment

My agreement just uses the terms "common law husband" and "common law wife".

Comment

Here's an example I found: https://www.cba.org/ns/pdf/20.%20Coh...0Agreement.pdf

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X