This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to financially separate

First of all I appreciate the good advice I've been getting since I started posting to this forum. If I could sum up the advice I've been getting online and off its that I should break as many of the financial ties as possible and reduce our financial relationship to one cheque a month.

I would like nothing more than that but it means in general that I have to give up a lot more than she does. I've been paying the bills since my son was born and she does not work now. So I will have to support her completely financially for some period of time when we separate. This is what is driving me to sell the house I own. Not enough money to support two households while I still own the house (we are common-law and I have clear title). However it will take time to sell the house (no profit and possibly a loss, bad market timing) and she as well as I want out as soon as possible.

Any suggestions as to how I can make this happen. Really what should I do? I can't just walk away from the house as much as I would like to. Its complicated but I will end up owing a lot more money if I do that.

Its funny I feel trapped in a web
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X