dads' cult groups to avoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dads' cult groups to avoid?

We all know that dads out there are starting from scratch to advocate for their kids; some of them desperate enough to join "dad groups" that do little to advance their rights as parents. Are there any groups out there you can suggest to be avoided with some explanation or reason why they should be avoided? This might help out some of us dads who are abused by the legal system; those of us that just want to be a part of our kids' lives in a significant influential way.

Any help would be appreciated.

putting 'cult' in the title of this topic kinda suggests that
    men's group's are 'cult' or negative , it says 'cult groups
    to avoid' ? like they are all cult groups, below ground secret
    organizations not accepted by general society

are you a husband Just'in ? , dad/ father ?

in the US and country's like Australia men speak up,
    in Canada its taboo - there are a few groups but no
    major movements, web sites like this are no place to
    try and get organized.

if your a dad / father and your wife knocks you too the
    floor and puts her knee in your back or punches you
    repeatedly from the waste up while your child watches
    it is NOT news and will never be reported regardless
    if there is a men's group or not.

what's your story Just'in , you kinda sound like my X
    posing as a dude

the cult is 'Canada Family Law' ... not men's groups
    Last edited by pokeman; 11-04-2014, 12:26 AM. Reason: say'in it like i see it

Comment

Are there any actual physically existing support groups for Fathers in Canada?

There's a few more extremist ones like A Voice for Men and the Council for Gender Equality, Canada Court Watch, but they are more about activism than actual support.

Comment

in Edmonton:

Men's Support Services :: City of Edmonton

in Calgary:

https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_...portGroups.pdf
        Last edited by arabian; 11-04-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

This might help out some of us dads who are abused by the legal system; those of us that just want to be a part of our kids' lives in a significant influential way
          What a defeatist mentality.... aren't you a tax paying citizen here? Don't you have the right to NOT be legally abused.... If you don't want your children to go through what you did then don't be [offensive term for black people] - don't join a cult. Specifically point out flaws in the system and work to fix it.
          Last edited by mcdreamy; 11-04-2014, 03:27 PM. Reason: Self explanatory

Comment

Fathers resources in Toronto is really good.

Comment

I avoid any kind of father's groups/movements. My lawyer followed my very first thread here and referenced it as a father's group. I assured her that ODF was not a father's group and that just as many if not more females were supporting and giving good advice here for my case.
              I have nothing against father's groups except the bad wrap they have. The "cult" thing sucks.

Comment

I think if I got involved in organizing this issue the key is to leverage second wives (they're as pissed off about divorce laws as anybody), get the support of some psychologist associations for shared custody, vilify lawyers (make them the enemy), and drum up surveys that show that the vast majority of canadians support shared custody.

I would then find divorced male politicians, certain types of feminists to rip a hole in spousal support, and rich guys who got destroyed in divorce court to fund the death of the family law system here as we know it....

The organization would have a name like "Friends for Family Harmony"... haha!

Comment

Oh pulease....

I'm all for shared custody but I have to say I don't know many truly "rich guys" who lost in divorce due to spousal support. SS is, afterall, fully tax deductible.

Here is a a "rich dude" (at least my definition of "rich") who pays SIGNIFICANT SS and he seems to be doing quite a-okay:

https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...4bcsc2467.html

Comment

Here's a recent decision from that Justice Quinn who has a very special way of expressing himself. He totally lambasted the mother:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...4onsc7487.html

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                      here's a recent decision from that justice quinn who has a very special way of expressing himself. He totally lambasted the mother:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...4onsc7487.html
                      but she still got sole custody...

Comment

"Mr. Clarke filed his Answer – Claim by Respondent on March 23, 2010. He admitted paternity and claimed, among other things, custody (alternatively, joint custody and unsupervised access). It is highly likely that Mr. Clarke, at any time during the 31 court appearances preceding the commencement of the trial, would have been grateful to settle for generous and overnight access and end this ordeal. The hard-nosed tactics of Ms. Szakacs in this litigation have backfired on her but, serendipitously, inured to the benefit of the child."

Yes I guess the 31 appearances assisted with what turned into 'status quo.'

Shame the mother got away with going to court 31 times isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                          but she still got sole custody...
                          What are you talking about? The judge said joint.

Comment

"[71] It is in the best interests of this child to be in the joint custody of her parents."

THIS COURT ORDERS THAT:

2.0 The parties shall have joint custody.

Comment

I mean 41% custody (primary residency) and if a guy pulled the stunts she pulled would he get joint?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X