Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

laid off from work - SS & CS determination.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
    In short, if the reason is code A, shortage of work, it can mean permanent or temporary layoff, and he would be entitled to collect employment insurance. Dismissal (code M) would be fired.
    Your access to EI might be dependent on this code.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
      Your access to EI might be dependent on this code.
      It is entirely dependant on that code.

And I can tell you for nothing that most employers will not use the M code unless they have a legally defensible reason for firing someone. This is not a mercy rule, it is risk management. If they fire someone for incompetence, and that person sues, it can take years in the courts and cost many $$.

If they lay off someone and give them generous serverence, the likelihood of being sued is much smaller.

I'm in IT, and layoffs are quite common. On my first time, I knew it was coming and negotiated more separation pay.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post

and then the leech thinks i should continue to have to pay SS desipte her being the root cause of me losing my job. how kind.
        Brings to mind the case of the wife who kept calling the cops every time her husband was laying a beat down on her.
        When the guy turned on and threatened to kill the cop, the officer shot and killed him.

Asshole wife(and her lawyer) then sued the police department for eliminating her only source of income.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X