This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vert tense at home

hello all just an update on things , well i could see it coming as a had a talk with her dauther on friday and told her her mom needs to move out and get her own place till the settlement is settled,well last night will making my supper she came in the kitchen and demanded $100,ooo and she would move out,i said no way and she slapped me,and then i blocked the second swing,i could see she was losing it so i just left for a few hours it my sisters ,i still haven't seen a lawyer,any advise here should i wait to here from her lawyer first to see if she even has one ,she says she wants to settle with out court.

IMO Should've called the police. Just because it didn't hurt, doesn't mean it wasn't an assault.

What you are doing is enabling her to come at you physically and the one time to retaliate, you will be the one in jail and out of the house. Stop being nieve. Wear a digital voice recorder, protect yourself and be smart. Do not engage with her.

Comment

Practice RADIO SILENCE. Are you legally married to this woman? Is her name on the title/etc to the home?

Comment

How come you're informing her DAUGHTER that SHE (not the daughter) needs to move out??

Comment

hammerdad thanks for responding,yes i have the recorder and it was on during the assult,i didn't call the police because i wasn't sure if they would make me leave instead of her,so i just took off for a couple hours to let her calm down.

Comment

nbdad we are living commonlaw,and the house is in my name,we've been together 11 yrs,she buy the grocerys,and i pay all the bills.thanks.

Comment

exquizique her dauther called her to talk to her mom,who was out so i asked her if she know we were breaking up,i told her we were not speeking to each other and you could cut the tension with a knife,and it would be easyer if she got her own place till the settlement was make as i didn't want to sell my house.also she put the christmas tree up so i assumed she was having her kids over for exmas supper,and i told her thats ok and i would dissaper for the day as not to put a strain on anyone. sorry about the spelling.

Comment

You need to speak to a lawyer, but commonlaw, legally I don't think she has entitlement to your house.

It would be more of a rental thing. You may be able to have her evicted via the normal process and thereby avoid the hassle.

Comment

The problems between yourself and this woman aside - please do not discuss adult matters with the daughter anymore. That is wrong

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X