Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:11 PM

sml is on a distinguished road
Default Property division long after separation and divorce

Here is may case, I divorced in 1999 in an other country where my ex wife moved to with my son. We were married for two and a half years. Everything was settled except the property division. Basically, because of lack of an agreement. We have a house in Ottawa as joint tenant. Most of the time it is rented. I live here in Ottawa most of the time, my ex moved to Europe and stayed there, so she is a non resident. I would like to resolve this issue, but don't want to go to court. She insist on her half share without considering equalization payment, expenses, up keeping cost, expenses regarding a sale etc. I don't know if we are considered ,now as ex married couple, divorced couple or just simple strangers in respect of property division. Any suggestion? I think in each case the property division is done differently. The best thing would be to come to an agreement but she is not reasonable. How can I force or convince her that she is not entitled completely of the half of the value of the house.
Closed Thread