X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence and Continuing Record

So I have been dragged back to court.
    Around 7-8 months after settlement of the original application for custody/access.

It looks like trial is on the horizon, and I am SRL now as I was then.

So my question is:
    How does it work now? Are all the affadavits, evidence, etc. from the first time around still in the continuing record? Or do I need to re-do a bunch of stuff I had submitted the first time around?

Can I refer to past Temp Orders from the first application, or anything at all?

It would be nice if I could just say "see tab 5 from CR of previous court proceedings"

Maybe I should also point out that her counsel is different this time from last - and this motion to change was filed in a different court jurasdiction then the original application.

Prepare a trial book that includes everything, but your factum should include only what you are asking for now. I just went to trial and the judge will only look at the factum in front of them...you can also include a supplementary factum afterwards...so send your factum asap so you can see what the other side has then you can included a supplementary factum.

Comment

yes. well I am currently clueless on the whole 'factum' angle.
      I suppose I should investigate.
      Anyoneone care to just explain it to me and save me the hassle?
      lol

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X