Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to help my mom - going to trial!

My mom was married in 1996; however he was not divorced from his first wife. He was charged with bigamy and plead guilty. Last year, 3 years after separating, she filed for an annulment (she didn't realize it wasn't automatic after the bigamy conviction). She was the Applicant. He respondended seeking a constructive and/or resulting trust in her home. The annulment was granted (reluctantly) on consent. They haven't been able to settle, and "exit pre-trial" has been scheduled for May 9th. They are both self represented. My question - how is evidence submitted during trial? All of the evidence ordered was entered into the Continuing Record. Trial Record has been served and filed, but didn't contain the evidence (bank account statements, etc.). I have searched and searched and am at a loss as to if she needs to prepare an evidence book or put it in the trial record or ???. Does she just bring extra copies of everything to trial?

Also any info on providing case law would be appreciated too. I have the cases, but don't know how to prepare the "books" referred to in the TMC Endorsement.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X