No compromise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No compromise

Today happens to be a religious holiday for me and my court order specifies for these holidays that I am to have the kids after 4pm. My ex-wife decided that she wants them after 4 since she started working (yay) and doesnt want to take time off.

For the past 2 days, i threatened to call the police , file contempt charges against her and i followed up letting her now i did call the police and they told me they would probably help to execute the judgement.

Yesterday, i was discussing with somebody that I was going to call the police to get my kids today and they told me not to do it because of the stress on the kids etc.... I told them that if declined to engage in conflict due to that reason I wouldnt have my kids at all and I emphasized that once I show her my resolve she won't continually test me.

This wasn't the first time this happened and in the last occasion I did call the police and got my kids out (who were fine actually).

The lesson for all of you fathers is DO NOT COMPROMISE time with the kids in order to preserve the peace. Keep up the pressure until they crack and follow through with your threats if they do not. Victory is yours but you must take it.

I hope you enjoyed my Public Service Announcement

I hope you are able to enjoy Eid al-Adha without having to make any more sacrifices on your children's behalf in the future when dealing with the other parent.

Comment

Good luck, and enjoy the holiday the best you can with having to deal with this.

Comment

pffff I can think of better things for police to do. Ridiculous IMO.

I do hope you have a pleasant time with your family though...

Comment

Putting my ex-wife in her place is a perfectly good use of their time. I pay a good amount in taxes for this type of pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            pffff I can think of better things for police to do. Ridiculous IMO
            Better than helping children out by enforcing court orders that are being flagrantly ignored?

Offhand, that sounds like one of the best uses of policing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
              Putting my ex-wife in her place is a perfectly good use of their time. I pay a good amount in taxes for this type of pleasure.
              And that's exactly what it's all about, isn't it? Finding ways to get back at the ex-wife. The well-being of the kids and the significance of the religious observance are just incidental. Eid mubarak.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                And that's exactly what it's all about, isn't it? Finding ways to get back at the ex-wife. The well-being of the kids and the significance of the religious observance are just incidental. Eid mubarak.
                I make these comments just for you. Of course it's about the kids
                Thanks.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X