Props to the self reps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to the self reps

I have to say...for all you self reps, you amaze me. I had to appear in small claims court against a vexatious litigant who stood there with a lying sob story of crap and had to keep my cool. For me I just had to defend an order from another court but sitting there listening to this person call me an intimidating harasser who sent her to the er with so much stress was not easy. I have been amazed by the lies over the last four months but I kept my cool, shut my mouth and quickly rebutted where necessary.

I can only imagine how stressful it is over kids, trying to get through hundreds of pages of documents, track down witnesses and stand there and not scream about justice. So to all of you--well done.

My case probably isnt over. Ill now have to go back to the landlord and tenant "court" but for now the money Im owed is flowing in to court. My stomach finally stopped hurting and I had a good nights sleep for the first time in weeks.

Congrats! Dealing with tenants can't be easy. They have tons of rights these days.

Comment

Props to the self reps

I just dont understand how mine could think that not paying rent was an ok defense for any of their actions. Or make claims like this one did. I was intimidating because I demanded the pot smoking stop, the building rules get adhered to and the rent be paid. What a bitch I am.

God bless the judge in small claims though. "Ms. Rockscan is right, an order is an order and I cant dismiss and order from another court. Sorry."

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X