X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to be a father

hi,everyone
    I had a girl friend. we broke up 4 months ago. Now she is pregnant for 4 months. I think it's my child and want to support him. But she denys it.

Can I go to Ontario Court to get an DNA test order against her before birth or at birth? Where do I start? Dose anyone has the same problem?

Please help,

thanks

gazi2001ca,

Yes you can go to court and claim parentage of the child. You can request a dna test to confirm.

There is no distinction between married and non-married parent's when it comes to custody of a child

Both parents are equally entitled to apply for custody of the child

If in Ontario, the following statute would apply to your circumstance.

It is very worthwhile to read

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/S...c12_e.htm#BK24

You really can't do much until the child is born. If it is your child and is subsequently supported by DNA evidence if the mother contests paternity, Keep in mind that the mother has no right to diminish you out of the child's life and is in no legal postion to determine what contact you would have with the child.

Comment

very helpful info.
      thank you very much.

Comment

great info logical - very helpful
        I read through that link, and although detailed, it really helps us understand the legalities.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X