Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
AtALoss AtALoss is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 560
AtALoss is on a distinguished road

URGENT need everyone's help


If any one here has followed my posts with regard to my Spouse's fight against the FRO I am sure you know a little bit about us. We have been contacted by Global News and they wish to do some feature pieces on the story. They have asked if I could contact some that I have spoken to that maybe willing to tell thier story as well.
So I am asking all members here if you have had any misdealings with FRO to contact me directly. If you could give a paragraph or two I will forward them on to my contact and they will be contacting those they need.
Thank you for all of your help.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:10 AM
sami sami is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
sami is on a distinguished road


first of all excuse my poor english

I have a child with my Ex-girlfriend who lives with her in ( NEW YORK ). my Ex went to court in ( NEW YORK ) for child support, the court issued A JUDGE CERTIFICATE ( NOT COURT ORDER , Its like what she asked the court for ) then forward it to ONTARIO court to be confirmed or modified. at the court date in (ONTARIO ) my lawyer failed to appear at court so the judge confirmed the amount she asked for and made a support order after he convert the amount from U.S dollar to CDN dollar he send it to the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) to enforce it. when the (FRO) contact me for payment i told them i cant afford this amount and i want to vary the order to be based on my actual income. they said i have to file for Support Variation and because its Interjurisdictional Support Orders ( IT IS NOT ) it should be varied by ( NEW YORK ) who issued the order ( AGAIN ,THE ORDER MADE IN ONTARIO NOT IN NEW YORK ) so they will send me a Support Variation Application to complete and return it back the (FRO) who will forward it to ( NEW YORK COURT ) , and that was in MAY/2006. the (FRO) did send my application to (NEW YORK) twice , and every time ( NEW YORK ) court return it back to the (FRO) saying they have no Jurisdiction to change the support order because they don't make the order .next thing the (FRO) told me we will direct your file to our in house legal counsel to prepare motion... that's it. since then ( AUG/2006 ) i have been contacting the (FRO) for any result or update in my case, all i hear from them WE will call you if we get any thing and since then no one touch my file , i asked for any supervisor to talk to... but no one call me. i went to my MP to help in my case( SHE IS USELESS ) , they told her the same thing they told me i try to explain to her that the order should be varied here in ONTARIO she said i cant do nothing for you. i did file motion and went to the court in ONTARIO , who told me they cant change a provincial order and i have to go back to the (FRO). i called the (FRO) to tell them what the court said ,they respond that i have to submit new application because there was mistake in the previous one ( after 3.5 years ) and when i asked them why ,they said the court should convert the amount to canadian dollar because they cant enforced it in U.S dollar!!! they are the worst liars, because the court here clearly indicate the amount in U.S and convert it to canadian ,and if they cant enforce it , where the arrears came from, plus what the currency type have to do with my order variation????...just trying to cover their mistake !!all this time, the arrears continue to accumulate and i wasn't able to see my father when he was dyeing because they suspend my passport ,now i have to start all over. i and my Ex applied to withdraw our case from their office ,that was in ( OCT/2008 ) till today no action and when i call them they say i have to wait for NEW YORK to respond!!!!! if we agreeing and my ex don't collect any assistance what NEW YORK have to do with it. the worst thing they refusing totally to give me any thing in writing. i did call ( NEW YORK ) court to ask them for information, and when they don't find any record of a COURT ORDER in their system against me they direct me to the OFFICE OF COUNTY ATTORNEY and she said NICELY " i am familiar with your case we don't make the order here ,the order made in ONTARIO and the ( FRO ) send your application to us twice and every time we told them the order should be changed by ONTARIO but they refusing to understand that, but if you go to them and they give you problem ,this my personal number ...told them to call me " .Plus every time i call the ( FRO ) they talk to me like i am a low life person who call to ask for charity,and they forget that i pay my tax to pay for their salary. sorry to say that....but the ministry keep employing every women she have problem with men. i don't know what to do now, because if the ( FRO ) did their job my case should be finished long time ago and i don't have any arrears to break my nick . i am in no where..................i have no money to get expensive lawyer to take them to court, i don't know who i should complaint the matter its not my case only , i want them to pay for the their ignorance ,discrimination and mishandling of my case.
sorry for the long story but am desperate for help with the official gangster and need to talk about the jungle law.


ps: since the start am paying child support to the mother directly, based on my income and federal child support guidelines and i have no problem with her.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
sami sami is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
sami is on a distinguished road

yeh i would like to help in any thing......and i will be glad to be apart of

any action will make them pay for what they doing to people

i ex never received any thing of the money the FRO deducted from my tax returns since 2005
Old 06-09-2009, 01:40 AM
sami sami is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
sami is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AtALoss View Post
But FRO refuses to accept any responsibility for this situation (you have to sue the recipiant) Maybe so but what about all that THEY have done to him?
You tell me?
with all respect.....its not the recipient fault ,its the FRO who know
the law and still ignore it
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
living separated under same roof, can she "force" her mother's living in the house ? dadx3 Divorce & Family Law 4 01-26-2011 04:34 PM
Support to 18yr old when no longer living at home stepping Divorce & Family Law 2 04-16-2010 10:43 AM
Living expenses and child support AlexaJJ Common Law Issues 7 07-09-2009 11:58 PM
child support when spouse is living abroad mtayal Financial Issues 9 06-01-2009 04:49 PM
Living a Nightmare AtALoss Introductions 3 12-14-2008 06:15 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.