This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Statements - Filing - Question

We are preparing to file proof of the child support paid during my fiance's time of unemployment. We are planning on filing this account statements for Nov and Dec.

I'm thinking of blanking out all account activity that is not related to child support. Especially the money transfers I have been providing so that my fiance is able to pay the car insurance, phone bill, etc. until he begins to receive his own earnings.

Is it wrong of me to blank this information out?

In the account activity, there are withdrawals that I'd prefer aren't seen by the judge (ex: LCBO, Blockbuster, EB Games) as I fear they may cause questioning (i.e. "If you don't have a job, why are you spending any money you still have at the LCBO, or buying movies or video games?)

Would it be alright to only provide the parts that have to do with child support and blank out the things in between?

If you go to your bank you should be able to get a statement that only shows the support payments if they were done by electronic transfer. If you use internet banking you should be able to choose recipient and show payments to recipient. I guess it depends on how you made payment.

Good luck

Comment

The payments were electronically withdrawn by FRO. We use EasyWeb (TD Canada Trust) but there is no option to only view these payments, as they were not made manually. Similar to interac withdrawals.

Comment

Here's a question...

Do you think the statements are even necessary? After all, the payments go through FRO and you'd figure that there would've been some sort of notice had they not been going through... right? So if all's good with FRO, do we really need proof that the payments have been made?

Comment

OH, if you're with FRO you should be able to ask FRO for a statement of payments, they will send it to you. Also, if they want your account balance just give them an updated statement of account, not the account statement..

Comment

I always provide everything to the lawyer just to be ready. I would get the statements from FRO. Good luck

Comment

Our lawyer last year told us that FRO does not provide statements... that is also what they claim on their website. Can you REALLY get a statement from them?

Comment

If they won't give you a statement I'm sure you can get something stating that you are up to date in your payments or something that says you're not in arrears. Have you talked to a rep from FRO? I'd call to see what they can do.. it would be worth the half hour hold time I think.

Comment

On request the FRO will give you one statement free of charge after which they will charge you $20.
                  (or soemthing like that, I'm going from memory)

Comment

Thanks. I'll have my fiance call today and request some sort of statement. Hopefully they'll be willing to provide something.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X