Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Law Needed

Folks

I need some help with case law. I am looking for situations where severe alienation exists and the courts have severed child support. I am aware of a couple of cases which the courts did as the children have completely severed all communication with the targeted parent and the court sympathised and either reduced or eliminated CS.

Much appreciated

Good luck with that search. There are no cases I have been able to find and one of the most recent cases where the child terminated the relationship had the cs and s7 expenses upheld.

Judges do not want to punish the child for a divorce regardless of the situation or what evidence you have.

Comment

sorry... I don't think you'll find any. I assume you've searched CanLii.

Comment

Ashley - why are you signing your posts with advertising? It is against forum rules.

Comment

I am looking for situations where severe alienation exists and the courts have severed child support.
          The case law on this issue is that child support will be paid unless the child independently repudiates the relationship without fault of the payor parent. The child would need to be 16+ to do this.

Generally, it is a major uphill battle with the onus on the payor.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
            I would ask for involvement of family bridges program and reversal of custody. If the courts don't do that then stop paying child support and make the judges life as miserable as they have made yours. File complaint after complaint about the judges and lawyers involved and keep bringing motions to end child support - appealing to every court you possibly can, and put the FRO through hell and back.

Of course, if you don't really care about pressuring the system and the system for a change, and want to reward women for alienating children from men, then go ahead and pay and move on.

Alienation sucks, and any mother who engages in alienation should be granted no more than supervised or no access.

Can I ask what is "family bridges program"?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X