custodial parent working night shifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
    Perhaps this thread needs to get back on track.

I believe somewhere down the line Trinton had asked whether he was wrong to claim that he was more entitled to look after his child while Mom is at work rather than the daycare arrangements Mom has made with Grandmother.

It would seem only fair that parents who live close by each other should be the first person of choice for each parent. But then this would take reasonable adults to make this choice. Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the case here.

It would seem a very simple decision for a judge to make....Mom is at work, Dad is home so Dad can help out, save money on unnecessary daycare and have first refusal. Sounds so obvious and simplistic.

It would also require decisions not to be made based on who pays CS and be a decision based on what’s best for the child regardless of how much you loath the other parent.

Unfortunately too many conflicts exists in This OP’s relationship

I get Trinton’s frustration. It’s such a “ no brainer” that the child should be with a parent before a babysitter. So I get that he is frustrated and annoyed that it’s so complicated and hard to make this arrangement work between parents.
    Thank you. It's always nice to see proper woman with common sense on this site.
    Last edited by blinkandimgone; 10-31-2017, 10:23 PM. Reason: Racist and offensive content.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
      Tayken: I was pushing for trial but new lawyer set it back for a settlement conference - wanted to get the other side to settle and had a good working relationship with other lawyer. Other side changed lawyers and the new lawyer well.. let's just say not so much settlement oriented. Didn't even file a settlement offer. OCL was ordered and agreed to investigate. Just waiting on the disclosure at this time.

My lawyer is thinking further settlement conference after disclosure. Are you suggesting to just go for a trial given the high number of failed settlement conferences ?

Sometimes I am not sure if settlement conferences are really intended to settle, or just money grabs. My lawyer is good at negotiating and settling cases, but I know we are going to end up going to trial.
      I am of an opinion that if a matter is 2+ years old... and 3 previous SC's were done on the issue with no resolution the matter should be tracked for trial. Especially if it about custody and access.

SC's for complex custody and access matters are a waste. The only time SC's are valuable is for money - equalization and child support where the law is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
        I am of an opinion that if a matter is 2+ years old... and 3 previous SC's were done on the issue with no resolution the matter should be tracked for trial. Especially if it about custody and access.

SC's for complex custody and access matters are a waste. The only time SC's are valuable is for money - equalization and child support where the law is clear.
        Thanks. I have the same opinion.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X