This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text messages between parent and child

Has anyone had/been able to get a court order for copies of texting between a parent and child to prove parental alienation against the OP ?

Easy to do if you're managing the account.

Comment

I do not manage the account now...it's under my ex.

Comment

MM: my ex also has S14's phone under his account. I'm not experiencing the same situation as you state that you are, but I'm thinking, and perhaps you should too, that the phone deal ought to be under my account. Besides, ex will likely be cutting it off soon (in my case) as he is sucky re: the cs he is currently paying. Although it's under his phone "contract" (not pay-as-you-go) I anticipate him doing this very soon even though he will still have to pay his service provider a monthly fee.

Comment

Originally posted by May_May View Post
          Has anyone had/been able to get a court order for copies of texting between a parent and child to prove parental alienation against the OP ?
          Generally service providers do not track the content of text messages just the rate and time sent for billing.

Imagine if every SMS message was persisted by service providers. Some teens are sending 9000 (if you watch Duck Dynasty) messages a month and racking up 280+ a month in service charges.

Imagine that cross the number of active users in a country. You would need some heavy duty storage to even store one day let alone any period of time for which an order could get the information.

You would at best get an order for the information stored on the device but, it would get deleted as soon as the order was issued and or is already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by May_May View Post

Send texts yourself often and randomly telling the child you love them.

At worst, you build the child up. At best you counter what you suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
              Send texts yourself often and randomly telling the child you love them.

At worst, you build the child up. At best you counter what you suspect.
              Thanks WO... I love the advice. Further problems as dad has told him not to reply to me, and to block me if I send too many so I've been keeping it to a minimum.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X