Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:53 PM

canthisberight is on a distinguished road
Default Hopefully last time I have to post..lol

Everything has been signed and sealed...house done, check...pension transfer check.....but for two small things.

To balance everything my partner was to receive one final cheque...to be paid 30 days after the closing of the house. that was Friday...no cheque no word.

I said before contacting lawyer he should send her a gentle reminder...he is going to wait this week, then contact his lawyer...grrr...I dont agree with this..but his money, his ex...

Also she wants a divorce and has anyone seen this in court agreements? Actually states that she must have it done by a certain date? Just found it odd.

Thanks everyone for all your answers.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:06 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

I would be sending her an email right away asking about the cheque.

My husband had an item in his agreement that the ex would file for divorce within 30 days of a specific date otherwise my husband would get costs to file himself.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:49 PM

canthisberight is on a distinguished road
Default Ok....

Thanks Rockscan...For some reason she is insisting that she does it...and pays for it..odd eh? Even knowing that as soon as its done he has to remove her from their awesome benefit program.