Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffD View Post
Oink, I totally agree. Its more about the fact that rules were not followed that should have been. Yeah, the amount sucks but it is until September. Of course, if she wants she can (...and will) take it back up.

I was actually ok with paying SS, which I reiterate that I did for 2 years under no obligation. What I had a problem with was her saying that it would be open ended, and "we'll do it for a bit and see how it goes'. Utter nonsense. Time to put you big girl undies on and start looking after yourself, imho.

Involveddad75, she is not a teacher. She wants to be. According to the teacher's union own web site it is about a 1% chance she will get a job. So in April when she does not have an offer - and believe me I am praying to God she does so equalization will come down - why does she get to take the summer off and live off of my pay check that I earn for 40 hours a week?

I am pretty sure if I quit my job to go to school, so I could on a long shot get a job earning the same money, they would hang me up by my hoohoo dillies. But that is a different discussion, I suppose.

Time will tell if anyone (ie)a judge, ever looks at this with rational eyes and asks wtf. But until that time the prayer continues that she will start working. Somewhere. Doing something.
Why would equalization come down if she gets a job?

Equalization should be based on DOS?

You said she quit her job. Did she work your whole marriage or did she stay home with the kids?

So can she revisit spousal support if she doesn't get a job in September, because if she can and doesn't get a job she will want spousal until the next September...and the next....and the next.

My ex will be asking for spousal at our May motion although I have not yet received her paperwork. She worked our entire marriage except for the 2 Mat leaves. I also took 6 weeks off with our second child.

Are you currently paying table child support or set-off based on your 50/50?

Not following the rules would piss me off too.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

She has a right to quit her job and go to school. That is nobody's business but hers.

What she doesn't have a right to, is to expect you to pay for it. So yes, she should be imputed an income.

But you were voluntarily paying SS to someone whom you say was originally earning more than yourself? I'm not sure how that works....

You lost an interim motion, meaning that you are continuing to trial and will have a proper family court judge looking at material that will be fully cross-examined. The question is, would an appeal of an interim motion, even at half-price, be worth it if you are going forward to trial soon anyway?

I love your attitude that you won't go to appeal because no judge would ever go against one of their own. This, of course, is why no appeal has ever been successful in Canada.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Yes they have.
Closed Thread