Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road
Default Teleconference at Trial

My child custody and support case is going to trial in Ottawa in November 2011 but my ex-spouse lives in New Brunswick.

Teleconferencing is allowed for conferences, but is it allowed for trial? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 PM

fieldgrey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
My child custody and support case is going to trial in Ottawa in November 2011 but my ex-spouse lives in New Brunswick.

Teleconferencing is allowed for conferences, but is it allowed for trial? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.
Yes, it is allowed but you need to arrange it. Start with a motion to order it for trial (explaining why they can't appear in person). Then you need to sort it out with the trial coordinator's office.

I needed witnesses from California and the court agreed to Skype video calls. I had to provide mobile internet access (as the court will not facilitate anything but $200/hour court to court video conferencing through secure network) and it required pre-trial testing. However my court house is the newest in Canada and has video projection in every court room. It's like the witness is right there. You need to present this at the trial management conference for motion.

FG
Closed Thread