Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:41 PM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Pretty sure at his income level he isnít living in a couch... if he is, he has bigger issues than the Cs he is paying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You clearly missed the point.

If you, the females, the perceived child support recipients, are claiming that child support is to equalize life in both homes, then why does it have tendency to leave fathers to have to live on a couch?

Another perspective, if ex re married another rich guy (assuming she only goes after rich guys) and is making way more than this guy combined, them how exactly does the 3000 from this man equalize the households? Child support is flawed in so many ways and you all know it. Quit band wagoning and milking people's hard earned money.

Though my advice was not to do any of those things, and though I don't give advice, nor am qualified to do so, I can confirm I voluntarily gave up my kids too back in 2012 due to duty counsel negligence. close to 7 years later, I got 50.50. 7 years is a significant passage of a time. The child was a toddler at that time. Child is school age now. That's a huge material change in itself.

I laughed in the face of status quo. The weakest most single ridiculous argument to maximize child support(blood money) and maintain power and control.

All children deserve to have both their parents in their life each at least half of the time. I agree with Janus to start requesting expanded access immediately. Don't ask for 50.50 right from get go, I certainly didn't, start with small increments and work your way up. If she refuses to cooperate, take her to court without hesitation. Don't miss out time with your daughter because she will grow up fast. Don't be the sore loser dad who doesn't fight for what's best for his kids. Give your ex the battle of her lifetime if she's fixated on gatekeeping your parenting time by taking an ignorant stance and arguing status quo.

Your child should have more time with you, I don't envy you, my friend. Let her whine and moan you just want it to reduce child support all she wants. My ex sure did, and her 3 lawyers all sure did, I just basically laughed in their faces because I knew they just wanted the $3000 flat cash!!

Last edited by tunnelight; 08-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Get a financial advisor and/or tax accountant and see why you arenít keeping more of your money.
No need. He can just come here and ask. And the answer is simple.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:12 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelight View Post

If you, the females, the perceived child support recipients, are claiming that child support is to equalize life in both homes, then why does it have tendency to leave fathers to have to live on a couch?

Another perspective, if ex re married another rich guy (assuming she only goes after rich guys) and is making way more than this guy combined, them how exactly does the 3000 from this man equalize the households? Child support is flawed in so many ways and you all know it. Quit band wagoning and milking people's hard earned money.

Though my advice was not to do any of those things, and though I don't give advice, nor am qualified to do so, I can confirm I voluntarily gave up my kids too back in 2012 due to duty counsel negligence. close to 7 years later, I got 50.50. 7 years is a significant passage of a time. The child was a toddler at that time. Child is school age now. That's a huge material change in itself.

I laughed in the face of status quo. The weakest most single ridiculous argument to maximize child support(blood money) and maintain power and control.

All children deserve to have both their parents in their life each at least half of the time. I agree with Janus to start requesting expanded access immediately. Don't ask for 50.50 right from get go, I certainly didn't, start with small increments and work your way up.

Your child should have more time with you, I don't envy you, my friend. Let her whine and moan you just want it to reduce child support all she wants. My ex sure did, and her 3 lawyers all sure did, I just basically laughed in their faces because I knew they just wanted the $3000 flat cash!!

I didnít even read more than a few lines of your rant but just so youíre aware, I donít receive CS... my husband pays a good amount of it though to his ex, the two kids we have together donít get $1000 a month spent on them, but he pays $1000 a month for his first two children... one wouldnít have to pay as much CS if they were equal parents and didnít give up their children... my husband also gave up his children 10 years ago because he thought thatís the way it was done, he thought moms always win and he walked away from the house so his kids didnít have to move... years later he realized his mistake but he continues to be an EOW father to his first two kids because he has zero grounds to change it... a passage of time is only one aspect

Old 08-13-2019, 07:16 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:

All children deserve to have both their parents in their life each at least half of the time. I agree with Janus to start requesting expanded access immediately. Don't ask for 50.50 right from get go, I certainly didn't, start with small increments and work your way up. If she refuses to cooperate, take her to court without hesitation. Don't miss out time with your daughter because she will grow up fast. Don't be the sore loser dad who doesn't fight for what's best for his kids. Give your ex the battle of her lifetime if she's fixated on gatekeeping your parenting time by taking an ignorant stance and arguing status quo.

Considering you blast others about reading into things and making assumption I find it laughable how you project your experience on this. Note that the OP did not say anything about his child or wanting more time. Simply that his income has quadrupled and he loses most of it to taxes so he finds the monthly child support excessive. If he had come in here saying he wanted more time and he wanted to do more and he was being denied there may have been a different response. You can pretty much gauge the situation based on what is left out and the lack of follow up response.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I didnít even read more than a few lines of your rant but
I didn't read anything you wrote but here read what I'm about to write.

Yeah okay.. take a hike lady!
Old 08-13-2019, 07:20 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Considering you blast others about reading into things and making assumption I find it laughable how you project your experience on this. Note that the OP did not say anything about his child or wanting more time. Simply that his income has quadrupled and he loses most of it to taxes so he finds the monthly child support excessive. If he had come in here saying he wanted more time and he wanted to do more and he was being denied there may have been a different response. You can pretty much gauge the situation based on what is left out and the lack of follow up response.

Lost cause rockscan... heís only interested in ranting about how Dads are getting screwed and how all is women just suck them dry

Old 08-13-2019, 07:23 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:

If anyone missed the point it was you. This seems to be your MO in this forum.

Considering you blast others about reading into things and making assumptions I find it laughable how you project your experience on this. Note that the OP did not say anything about his child or wanting more time. Simply that his income has quadrupled and he loses most of it to taxes so he finds the monthly child support excessive. If he had come in here saying he wanted more time and he wanted to do more and he was being denied there may have been a different response. You can pretty much gauge the situation based on what is left out and the lack of follow up response.

There are many fathers on here who donít like paying support, have difficult exes and are beaten down by the system. The difference is they donít beat their chests like you do. Take it down a notch, we get it, youíre a courtroom hero, people should worship you, parades are being...zzzzzzzzz.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:

Go back and read one of the very first things he said :

My ex has custody (given voluntarily due to bad advice) and I have visitation a couple of days every week.

He needs to go back and fix this. It's do able.

The reason he ran away is probably the tone of the comments the females gave here.

Mensdivorceforums is always the more fruitful channel.

Last edited by tunnelight; 08-13-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
heís only interested in ranting about how Dads are getting screwed and how all is women just suck them dry

It's not a rant. It's a statement of fact. It's indeed what most women do after separation, ever. If it's not through child support, then it's through spousal support. If it's neither of those then it's running off to a shelter home and taking sole position of his home. There's good reasons why once my lawyer after filing a motion for another client (a dad being denied access) said he's sick and tired of women screwing around with dads access. Coming from someone who's been a lawyer for over 30 years. It's also a big part of what he did to my ex and other women alike.

Last edited by tunnelight; 08-13-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:49 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinghard View Post
I have read in some places that when your income is over $150,000 they may amend the child support tables. I have been divorced for 5 years and my daughter is turning 7 soon. My income is about $400,000/year right now but it was only about $75,000 when my ex and I split up.

My ex has custody (given voluntarily due to bad advice) and I have visitation a couple of days every week.

I'm currently paying over $3,000 a month to my ex (who has since remarried to someone making decent income and she works full time) and that seems excessive given how much it costs to raise a child.

I have no problems paying but when I'm losing almost 55% of my income to taxes it seems like a little much to pay over $3k.

Thoughts?
I'm no pro on child support issues. However, I do know in all matters in family court where there is any sort of support order in place, it is fairly common that you exchange your financials every year. If you haven't done that then you should brace yourself for having to pay CS arrears. I've read many threads on this forum of parents who don't do this and they are absolutely shocked at the amount of arrears they find themselves in.

I believe the idea of child support is to ensure home where child lives is up to similar standard as if child was being raised by intact family. Like it or not. Tunnelight is correct in one thing - if you want to maintain the 400k+ year lifestyle, while paying your CS, you should meet a woman who makes same as you. Actually, to do anything less than that kind of makes anyone's argument that women are bloodsuckers lame IMO. There are MANY men out there who like to have the control and prestige of being able to say that they fully support their families. All in one's perspective.

I have huge respect for parents who get on with paying their support obligations and who don't make kids feel bad about it.