Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phatkid77 View Post
    Good call. Thanks
    And he will 100% he doesn’t care. Just wants child.
    Meeting with CAS as well, let’s be honest if she’s SOOOO WORRIED... why has she not filed a report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because she actually sounds like she's getting pretty sound legal advice. If he doesn't see the kid more than a couple hours a week- where's the issue that CAS needs to address?

Why is HE meeting with CAS? Is she a threat to the child. If not, what's the issue?

Comment

Sounds legal advice based off her stories..

Yeah, given the exchanges the last couple days. Safety may be a concern as there’s a down ward trend of her messages having nothing to do with visitation just slinging mud.
      The BIG issue is getting 4hr a WEEK with his child Becasue she feels she can dictate
      Because her lawyer said she can
      That he will be piss tested
      Forced to take medication
      Forced into counselling
      Supervised visits
      And on and on and on

Comment

Sounds legal advice based off her stories..

Yeah, given the exchanges the last couple days. Safety may be a concern as there’s a down ward trend of her messages having nothing to do with visitation just slinging mud.
        The BIG issue is getting 4hr a WEEK with his child Becasue she feels she can dictate
        Because her lawyer said she can
        That he will be piss tested
        Forced to take medication
        Forced into counselling
        Supervised visits
        And on and on and on

Custody and access issues are not CAS issues. Is there an actual concern about the safety of the child?
        If there's not- he's going to look really bad if he calls CAS on her, unfounded.

Comment

This was “unofficial” advice from police friend
          Said call CAS and police and get them on your side first since she’s so off the wall (this was couple weeks ago)

Comment

Just a sad state of affairs people act like this.
            Could be argued child is being neglected or form of abuse by with holding child from the other parent. Aka. Parent is having mental issues.
            NEEEDS to be a better system for newly separated families when there is no schedule and the child is used as pawn

Comment

^ there is. see below. there's actually decent resources out there- and a lot of them are free through different agencies- or you pay what you can afford.
              This was “unofficial” advice from police friend
              Said call CAS and police and get them on your side first since she’s so off the wall (this was couple weeks ago)

I'm not a family lawyer- but that sounds like really bad advice.

What you COULD ask CAS for help with is resources for parents in conflict. Say there is a history of unhealthy behaviours from the party- and he is committed to addressing them in healthiest way possible - to benefit their very young daughter. Ask about courses- or family help programs.

There is a program called Families in Transition- offered through Catholic Family Services- reach out to them.

Coming from a shit situation prior to separation- with respect to family violence- my advice to your friend is to work on being a good dad. I'm not implying he isn't. But obviously there were some issues that exposed the kid to not great situations. I did that too- I let my daughter witness some pretty awful situations. Putting all blame aside (and her dad is the dick in the situation, make no mistake)- her dad and I need to fix our shit if she's going to go between us. Maybe try to fix their situation IN CONJUNCTION with securing appropriate parenting time. IF it's possible. But even if it's not- hey, he tried. That has to look good to a court.
              Last edited by iona6656; 07-02-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Yes agreed.
                I really like the offer for counselling with a schedule and the parenting course ect.
                But it will 100% be a no, which as said, has to look good for us

Here’s one.. how is this beneficial... let’s say no urgent motion granted. There is no schedule..

So if he picks child up today and instead of meeting demands and dropping off after supper.... WHAT if he says nope. I’m spending my time with child (obviously call police ahead of time to warn of impending panic call)
                With no agreed upon schedule... they could both play this “game” and it’s of NO benefit to anyone...

Comment

Yes agreed.
                  I really like the offer for counselling with a schedule and the parenting course ect.
                  But it will 100% be a no, which as said, has to look good for us

Here’s one.. how is this beneficial... let’s say no urgent motion granted. There is no schedule..

So if he picks child up today and instead of meeting demands and dropping off after supper.... WHAT if he says nope. I’m spending my time with child (obviously call police ahead of time to warn of impending panic call)
                  With no agreed upon schedule... they could both play this “game” and it’s of NO benefit to anyone...

I'll tell you what my ex and his really high-priced lawyer did. They hit me with an application quickly asking for shared custody and parenting time as the court found appropriate.

People can mud sling all they want- is she ready to put her accusations down before the court (if she's as nutty as you say- then probably yes, she is). But he can push forward with an application for joint custody and shared physical custody.

Were they married?

File the materials necessary to establish custody and access time.

I wouldn't start playing the keeping the kid game.

Comment

Well that’s exactly what’s going to happen
                    Serve her with shared custody request and hope the courts hear it quickly.
                    CAS said no to the game as well. Amber alert equals sole custody
                    Yes they are married

He’s already offered a couple things and it’s always no
                    “I can’t wait to take you to court”
                    So unfortunately. Likely will end up there and the calmer more reasonable heads prevail

Comment

What Iona just said.

Focus on filing the application and getting to your first case conference. Once there the judge will likely make her agree to some sort of temporary schedule

In the meantime..... keep every single toe in line. Get him to write out a schedule for himself concerning contact with daughter maybe? Ie:

Monday: Email ex “Dear shit for brains, I would like to take xxxx from Friday at 5 until Saturday at 5. If that does not fit your schedule, Saturday at 5 until Sunday at 5 also works for me. If you do not specify which option works best for you, I will be there Friday at 5 to pick xxxx up. I have also attached my proposed 50/50 parenting time schedule for your review” Do not respond to any emails back from her unless they have a 50/50 parenting schedule proposal and/or has agreed to one of the weekend visit times

Tuesday: Email ex “Dear shithead, I will be calling this evening at xxxPM to speak with xxxx briefly” Then call at that time, and journal document the outcome. If ex gets on phone and tries to engage him, hang up

Wednesday: Email ex: “Dear Scum of the Earth, I have not received a response on whether a Friday or Saturday evening pick up is more acceptable for you. Therefore, I will be at the home at 5pm Friday to pick xxxx up. Ps. I will also be calling xxxx to speak to her tomorrow evening at xxxPM”

Thursday: Email ex: “Dear Regret, please find attached again my proposal of a 50/50 parenting schedule below. I would also like to inform you that I will be attending xxxx co parenting course. I feel that it would be beneficial for both of us to get on board with this for best interests of xxx. PS don’t forget I will be calling to speak to xxx at xxxPM tonight”

Friday: Email Ex “ Dear Worst Nightmare, Please be reminded that I will be at your home at 5pm this evening to pick up xxxx. I will return her to your home at 5pm Saturday” Then show up with a witness. Carry a tape recorder/phone. Knock on door, if ex answers and says no, calmly say ok, walk away and document

Saturday/Sunday: Give Satan’s Spawn a two day email break. Use this time to study family law

Do not keep the child. DO NOT even threaten to keep the child.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfrepmom View Post
                        What Iona just said.

Focus on filing the application and getting to your first case conference. Once there the judge will likely make her agree to some sort of temporary schedule

In the meantime..... keep every single toe in line. Get him to write out a schedule for himself concerning contact with daughter maybe? Ie:

Monday: Email ex “Dear shit for brains, I would like to take xxxx from Friday at 5 until Saturday at 5. If that does not fit your schedule, Saturday at 5 until Sunday at 5 also works for me. If you do not specify which option works best for you, I will be there Friday at 5 to pick xxxx up. I have also attached my proposed 50/50 parenting time schedule for your review” Do not respond to any emails back from her unless they have a 50/50 parenting schedule proposal and/or has agreed to one of the weekend visit times

Tuesday: Email ex “Dear shithead, I will be calling this evening at xxxPM to speak with xxxx briefly” Then call at that time, and journal document the outcome. If ex gets on phone and tries to engage him, hang up

Wednesday: Email ex: “Dear Scum of the Earth, I have not received a response on whether a Friday or Saturday evening pick up is more acceptable for you. Therefore, I will be at the home at 5pm Friday to pick xxxx up. Ps. I will also be calling xxxx to speak to her tomorrow evening at xxxPM”

Thursday: Email ex: “Dear Regret, please find attached again my proposal of a 50/50 parenting schedule below. I would also like to inform you that I will be attending xxxx co parenting course. I feel that it would be beneficial for both of us to get on board with this for best interests of xxx. PS don’t forget I will be calling to speak to xxx at xxxPM tonight”

Friday: Email Ex “ Dear Worst Nightmare, Please be reminded that I will be at your home at 5pm this evening to pick up xxxx. I will return her to your home at 5pm Saturday” Then show up with a witness. Carry a tape recorder/phone. Knock on door, if ex answers and says no, calmly say ok, walk away and document

Saturday/Sunday: Give Satan’s Spawn a two day email break. Use this time to study family law

Do not keep the child. DO NOT even threaten to keep the child.

Love
                        This post!
                        Side note. Email her or lawyer or CC both I guess. Get her billables up!

Thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                          I wouldn't start playing the keeping the kid game.
                          Do you foresee a problem with the "move into the house" game? The "keep the kid" game doesn't work here because the guy left the matrimonial home.

He cannot just let this situation fester. Status quo does not work in his favour. Something has to change or he is going to lose his kid.

And yeah, agreed that calling CAS with nothing but empty allegations is worse than useless.

Comment

Calling the police never really a “great idea”. She would likely start hitting herself and then he ends up getting charged (it’s happened... domestic calls are serious biz. They will charge both and let the courts decide)
                            That is why he records absolutely every interaction with her from this point forward.

I mean moving back would be a “fix” to seeing child. But no way anything good comes of it
                            Something very good comes of it. He gets to see his kid. I don't see how it possibly hurts, assuming he can control himself.

I recall staying there and my ex constantly antagonizing me. Not coming home so I could go to work while I have my son. Ect ext ext
                            Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of these cowardly and spineless fathers who leave the house as soon as the shit gets a little difficult. The father is an adult, he can handle the discomfort of being around the mother.

Living with my ex was horrible. You know what was even worse? The prospect of losing my kids if I did not suck it up. Real fathers don't bail on their kids just because the mother is getting aggressive. You stay in the house, you protect yourself, but you stay in the fucking house.

Seriously, why do fathers think that they have some god given right to bail on their kids and then whine that the legal system is against them? Yes, the legal system is against fathers, but that doesn't mean that you capitulate. It means that you are careful, intelligent, strategic, and unemotional. It means that you take any crap that the mom might throw your way, because your kids need their father.

Mothers can play games and send fancy emails. They won't drop below 50% custody unless they have serious diagnosed mental disorders. You need to tell your friend to get back into the home. He is on a rapid train to being an every other weekend dad.

Comment

Thanks Janus.
                              Yeah. She could just keep calling the police saying crying assault until he’s forced to leave eventually I’m sure
                              Yeah they (CAS) were of little help... just said hire a lawyer. They said yes what she’s doing she can’t do technically but nothing saying she can’t. Since she’s in the house she’s deemed something that calls the shots. I forget... But you just need to keep following her demands until you get in front of a judge. Unfortunately.
                              Just keep asking for time and document that it’s not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                                That is why he records absolutely every interaction with her from this point forward.

Something very good comes of it. He gets to see his kid. I don't see how it possibly hurts, assuming he can control himself.

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of these cowardly and spineless fathers who leave the house as soon as the shit gets a little difficult. The father is an adult, he can handle the discomfort of being around the mother.

Living with my ex was horrible. You know what was even worse? The prospect of losing my kids if I did not suck it up. Real fathers don't bail on their kids just because the mother is getting aggressive. You stay in the house, you protect yourself, but you stay in the fucking house.

Seriously, why do fathers think that they have some god given right to bail on their kids and then whine that the legal system is against them? Yes, the legal system is against fathers, but that doesn't mean that you capitulate. It means that you are careful, intelligent, strategic, and unemotional. It means that you take any crap that the mom might throw your way, because your kids need their father.

Mothers can play games and send fancy emails. They won't drop below 50% custody unless they have serious diagnosed mental disorders. You need to tell your friend to get back into the home. He is on a rapid train to being an every other weekend dad.

Yeah. Need to figure out how to get him back in there. I’m confident he could be calm. Like you I did it as well. But the childish efforts to trigger you is something lol.

At 3 wks out. How can he move back in.? She took the key. What would be the legal game plan here.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X