Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:46 PM

The-Iceberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default criminal active forum

Does anyone know of any active criminal, non marriage related forum?
Old 11-12-2018, 08:28 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

What kind of crime? Try websleuths. Its mostly missing people or kids, but lots of crimes and trials in the news.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:02 PM

Someone I know who is disabled (moderately like myself) went to ER for help and was abused by security. I wanna help him legally if there is a way.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:15 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

There would be reports. They can also speak with a personal injury lawyer for free. They do free consultations.

You may also want to look into police brutality. This gets raised by people arrested all the time. Its difficult to prove without video.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:32 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Hospitals have extensive video surveillance. At least the one my friend works at does . File a formal complaint with the hospital or, as rockscan said, hire a personal injury lawyer. If you have anything approaching a case, the PI lawyer will help you for free... mostly.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:18 PM

This is what I know. He is a war veteran with mild PTSD. But has some depression. So he went to ER and when they called his name he whispered to the nurse that he has suicide feelings. She asked does he feel like harming someone else he said "kinda, if attacked/provoked" something like that.

He told them he has huge fear of closed places. They put him in a hallway where he waited for the doc. Doc apparently never arrived. They put him in a locked room, tied him up. punched him, pressed his face with their knees, left him in withdrawal for 12 hours without his prescribed narcotics, no food or drink for 12 hours and if the family and shrink didn't arrive he would continue to suffer.

So he filled out a 3 page complaint report to Alberta Edmonton hospital but that's bull IMO. If I were him I would call media or at very least spread it through social media.

BTW he resisted going to that room but if he has fears who wouldn't. He said to me quote "would you resist being put into a room full of scorpions". So I see where he is coming from.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:42 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Iceberg View Post
She asked does he feel like harming someone else he said "kinda, if attacked/provoked" something like that.
General rule of thumb: If anyone asks if you feel like hurting other people, never say yes. Even if it is true. It will never work out well for you.

Quote:
BTW he resisted going to that room but if he has fears who wouldn't.
Quote:
put him in a locked room, tied him up. punched him, pressed his face with their knees
So, he resisted and they applied force to get him to comply. This complaint is going to be very difficult to pursue. Even if your friend is correct, the fact that he resisted makes it easy for the security team to justify a wide range of physical interventions.

Quote:
So he filled out a 3 page complaint report to Alberta Edmonton hospital but that's bull IMO.
Why is that bull? Seem like the proper first step to take.

Quote:
So I see where he is coming from.
Even if he is correct, he will not necessarily win. The guy resisted. This is like those movies where the cops are beating up a guy who is not fighting back at all, and they are yelling "stop resisting! stop resisting!". As soon as you resist, the cops/security basically get to ramp up their aggression in a very substantial way.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying your friend is wrong. I'm just saying that the most he could do is the "bullshit" complaint report. Legally, this strikes me as a case that would be almost impossible to win.

If you are his friend, instead of ramping up the victimhood by telling him to go to the media, I would work with him on getting past this unfortunate incident and moving on with his life.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:00 PM

I agree with you but this was hospital not street or jail the guy voluntarily came there for help. Even if he felt like hurting others he didn't hurt nobody he asked for help, perhaps something to calm him down. A place that induced psychoses he had to resist. Again it is hospital where they help people. They could have tied him in bed in hallway or chair, they just played tough.

He is not willing to forget it because they were beating him and when they finished the tie up they were pressing their fists or elbovs on his face just to hurt him. And I am not making him a victim, he is one. He can do whatever he want but those dogs should IMO get fired. And staff...why not food, meds? What if I was in his shoes with a bad heart? A heart attack and they find me dead hours later. They are guilty.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:19 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

It probably could of been handled better but he resisted and also said that he felt like harming someone else. The staff has to protect him and others.

I wonder if it was as bad as he said it was or did his PTSD influence what he perceived was happening? In his state of mind he may have been having some sort of episode and his mind may have been working overtime.

He did the right thing filing the complaint with the hospital. He needs to follow up on that. A lawsuit and contacting the media may not be a great idea. Unless he has a total winnable case why put himself out there like that? I am thinking it would not help his PTSD. Maybe next time he feels the need to go to the hospital you can go with him as a witness and to help him? Is he under the regular care of some sort of mental health expert?

I do feel sorry for your friend if all he says happened. The hospital had to put him in a room so they could make sure he wouldn't harm others in the waiting room. As for his fear of closed spaces, the hospital only has so much space and he had to of know that he would most likely be in a room at some point to be examined.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:02 PM

I will see if he tell me anything about his complaint to the hospital. Maybe that was the only room like you say but why did they punch him in the head and press elbow against his jaw and head when he couldn't move? He is not a strong person either. He was in Afghanistan war but since them medications ruined him.

Why no doctor visited him to see how he is in those 12 hours? If that was the only room why they let him go into withdrawal? Hunger? No blankets. Why they didn't put him to sleep or something. He clearly stated upon arrival (just do not give me a closed, locked up room).

He accidentally sent his 3 page complaint to doctor-patient relationship so the email he got back with correction also said "that is horrible what happened to you".

I do not think this covenant hospital will do a thing. He is still in pain but more in psychological pain. They even got him naked to put on diapers. Embarrassed him. I would be mad too.

But if no local paper takes his story I will help him to flood network social media because, in the beginning I thought he got what he deserved for resisting but when I learned they literally abused him on purpose and that his fear of closed places is like if I was pushed in a room with many spiders I changed my mind.

I will help him as much as I can. I used to be a hospital security guard but it never crossed my mind to abuse someone weather he was fighting back or not. Once I punched one guy but after we got him down it would be evil to keep harming him.