Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well... looks like we are heading to trial..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’ve only spent 18,000? You’re nowhere near headed to trial. Try 300,000.00 or having no money left and having to self rep. You won’t be anywhere near headed to trial until the family court system has sucked your soul out of your body. Don’t fall for the line that you winning and getting costs is a sure thing. There are no winners except the lawyers and the judges and the parasitic other players who will bleed your family resources dry from both of you.
    There is no Jordan principle in family law that gives you th right to a trial within 36 months. Try 6 years of litigation first if you’re one of the lucky ones. Be warned that even if you are the one with a good solid case, you will not win. The lawyers will win but never the client!

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
      You’ve only spent 18,000? You’re nowhere near headed to trial. Try 300,000.00 or having no money left and having to self rep. You won’t be anywhere near headed to trial until the family court system has sucked your soul out of your body. Don’t fall for the line that you winning and getting costs is a sure thing. There are no winners except the lawyers and the judges and the parasitic other players who will bleed your family resources dry from both of you.

There is no Jordan principle in family law that gives you th right to a trial within 36 months. Try 6 years of litigation first if you’re one of the lucky ones. Be warned that even if you are the one with a good solid case, you will not win. The lawyers will win but never the client!

I agree completely. Nothing is guaranteed. And when my lawyer says costs... he does use the word loosely and always says “could”. Not will...

I’m sorry your going through hell... and your right with all the delays and stall tactics my ex has already used... I am probably in for many more to come...

I have the mindset now that if this goes on for another 2 years then my oldest will be 13. The OCL report will be stale dated... And if dad continues to treat him the way he does there will be no physically forcing him to go... and then we will be in a different ballgame I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The problem lies with unreasonable parties like both your cases. You were always going to have to fight. This is what I have to remind my husband of. He has spent $10,000 fighting this matter and he hates it. But the problem is he had to fight it. His ex refused to accept what she was and wasn’t entitled to. If he had chosen not to fight it, he would have had to write a cheque for $40,000 and then paid an addition $10,000 per year for six years. In your case your ex didn’t want to pay his child support let alone the section 7 expenses. Unless you were willing to say ok, you were not going to get out of this without a fight.

The system is messed up. They need to have better teeth at the beginning for the cases that are easy to resolve (like people who don’t pay cs or those that demand excess they aren’t entitled to) and then save the courts time for really complex cases.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X