Pension to LIRA transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension to LIRA transfer

In our settlement agreement and due to equalization , my ex is entitled to a portion of my pension. It was not an automatic thing. Apparently my ex has to fill out a form and make an application for this transfer.
    1. Will I be notified somehow that this transfer has been done?
    2. Is there a time limit for him to do this?

not sure if this helps at all I think that for most plans some of the rules would be the same with time frames etc

https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/pensio...s/Form5FAQ.pdf
    Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 01-17-2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

There are laws before Jan 2012 and after . Depends on when your separation took place . The pension owner has to fill out the form ( Form 1 ) and submit it to their pension plan office . It will be divided there and both parties will receive a copy of the split statement . Make sure you both agree on when the relationship started and ended. If not then additional forms are required ( Form 2 and 3 ) . Your pension plan office might charge you a fee to do this split. Luckily mine didnt . Google : Family Law Pension Valuation

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X