Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

View Poll Results: What was the main reason for your relationship breakdown?
Financial issues 61 22.85%
Inactive parent 34 12.73%
Different parenting styles 37 13.86%
Clashing personalities 79 29.59%
Addiction (gambling, alcohol, drugs) 54 20.22%
Spousal and/or child abuse 53 19.85%
Other 111 41.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:22 PM

canniiee is on a distinguished road

Cheater!! And it was only once (from what he told me) but it was unforgiveable, and I could never look at him the same way ever again! At least he is a fantastic Father...
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 AM

runaway is on a distinguished road

[quote=yearsgone;18291]I divorced him because I don't like his girlfriend.[/quote

Good one
Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 PM

SteppedOn is on a distinguished road

Hi Barry,
I agree with the evidence issue's. I was framed for assault by my ex 2 months after our separation on a day I was to pick-up our daughter for weekend access. The OPP didn't ask my ex at the time of the occurrence if she was assaulted, even though the female office noticed red marks on her arms that resulted in her attempt to remove our daughter from my car. The police notes included in the court disclosure contradict how the officer came to notice bruising on the ex's arms. My 7 yrold daughter had to experience her mother in a fit of rage and ran away from her mother with me down the street. I believe that sent over the edge and faked the bruising on her arms as inflicted by me. OPP took her word for everything and all I said was lies. No investigation happened, no motives for the possible framing I offered(custody battle soon to start). She had all the authorities on her side and the whole justice system coming down on me.
I plan to find a way to get her charged with falsifying statements to implicate an innocent person in a crime, lying to police, perjury, and using such information to gain leverage in a family court proceeding.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:09 AM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

sad to hear, similar story here except no assault ever and no marks nothing, the allegation was that i took her to a very public place and punched her (surprisingly no one saw) A YEAR AGO! boom no evidence, nothing at all but still charged!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 AM

financial woos is on a distinguished road
Default He wont accept his mental illness

He said he filed for divorce because I never made him happy. He also thought he was going to get a giant pot of money! He is a compulsive liar, was diagonosed with Depression, Bopolar and Personality Disorder over 30 years by several psychiatrists and mental health professionals. He beleives I made him that way. Now the lawyers will be getting everything because he keeps fireing them. He is on his 3rd one. Each time its like starting all over.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:50 AM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

OMG it isn't true??? Sorry it must be a real drain on you. I know I am the one with issues but I never really put it onto my ex's shoulders for my health woes - that is , I am sorry out of respect I can't say it!! I needed things from our relationship and I couldn't wait any longer - asked and waited for 6 years..... but I finally accepted what the professionals were telling me.

But this is affecting your finances as well re the lawyer - Is there not a way for your representation to "force" your divorce througgh based on what i think is called cognative evidence in which in a way you would divorce your ex as if he wasn't even here (froom whay you say in a way he is not). But in doing so it will be very good for both of you - you settle, figure where you stand and then to the best of your abilities - MOVE PAAST this awful time (sorry for the bad keyinng I know my fingers are not working right tonight....

have you seriously looked into just pushing your evidence as the best available and get your divorce "processed"?

Last edited by ddol1; 01-26-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:34 AM

financial woos is on a distinguished road

There are 3 orders already and he fails to comply, then gets another lawyer, The next lawyer then has to get educated by mine, we start all over again, he hasnt disclosed anything true or of relevance yet, He filed, refuses to provide documents, support or anything. There are court orders but his next lawyer seems to pretend they dont exist again. You would think, he filed for divorce and would want to get this over with ASAP, but its him, he wont provide a true discloseur, keeps breaching the orders, and were at the beginning again. Im just frustrated with the whole system.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Adultery! In fact, it is the reason listed on the divorce order. That doesn't happen often.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 PM

mainsqueeze is on a distinguished road

Mine was also infidelity ... never thought in a million years he'd cheat on me but none of us do, do we. He was my life, my knight in shining armour, my dream come true he's the one that taught me to trust ...lol... said he don't cheat or get divorced ... well this man did a complete 360 on me, we never fought 3 in 8yrs that's it! no signs or warnings just my intuition and watching is what caught him with his hand in the cookie jar so to say. Middle Age Crisis ya, probably but sry that's no excuse to me please gentlemen correct me if I'm wrong and btw , no it's NOT only men that cheat on their spouses women do also.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:30 AM

wondergirl is on a distinguished road

Mine is addiction related. I am sober and my partner is a raging alcoholic Not to mention all that comes with that...unfortunately
Closed Thread