Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense, but don't try to read my personality by my post on one topic.

Calling the CAS on a partner is serious matter. I don't see this as a black and white issue.

As I stated earlier, my ex took the kids in cabs daily without car seats, I confronted that issue myself, I thought about it, I made a decision whether I wanted to introduce a huge conflict into the parenting or let it go and have an amicable relationship with my children's mother.

Is that all right with you or do you need to analyse me a little more? You certainal do put the "anal" into "analyse". I suppose I could do the same thing with your post and determine that you a controlling bitch who is seeking the maximum amount of conflict in your divorce so that you can vent your rage over ever slight you experienced during your marriage. But I won't do that.

Now go fuck yourself and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
      Is that all right with you or do you need to analyse me a little more? You certainal do put the "anal" into "analyse". I suppose I could do the same thing with your post and determine that you a controlling bitch who is seeking the maximum amount of conflict in your divorce so that you can vent your rage over ever slight you experienced during your marriage. But I won't do that.

Oh don't be such a drama queen. All Fuming did was suggest that this issue might be personal for you, and that that could be biasing your response. Go blow your nose, wash your face, take a deep breath, and have a cup of tea - you'll feel better.

Comment

So much for friendly banter!!

Comment

Originally posted by canadamama View Post
          Oh don't be such a drama queen. All Fuming did was suggest that this issue might be personal for you, and that that could be biasing your response. Go blow your nose, wash your face, take a deep breath, and have a cup of tea - you'll feel better.
          Or you could kiss my butt. That usually works too.

Comment

Or you could kiss my butt. That usually works too.
            Keeping it classy, as usual.

Comment

No just honest. Telling someone to have cup of tea is dismissive and patronizing but you hide behind a pretense of civility so that you can retreat with feigned dismay from any response. Kissing my butt has the same content as your tripe, I just don't pretend it is anything but what it appears.

Comment

No just honest. Telling someone to have cup of tea is dismissive and patronizing but you hide behind a pretense of civility so that you can retreat with feigned dismay from any response. Kissing my butt has the same content as your tripe, I just don't pretend it is anything but what it appears.
                Yes that is obvious. However she was simply responding to your initial silly outburst in kind. In short, you started it. Having a bad day Mess?

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
                  Yes that is obvious. However she was simply responding to your initial silly outburst in kind. In short, you started it. Having a bad day Mess?
                  I give each post the level of respect it deserves.

Except canadamomma. I take it easy on her because of her condition.

Comment

::LIKE::

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Mess, YOU were the one who brought up the whole taxi cab thing as it relates to your kids and her situation. If you don’t want people to respond to it or make comments about it, then don’t bring it up.

And, as for your comment about telling someone to have a cup of tea being dismissive and patronizing, how exactly would you characterize telling someone to go ‘fuck themselves and have a nice day’? Sounds like there is one rule for Mess and one rule for EVERYONE else.

And, your comment about giving each post the level of respect it deserves, sounds like if someone disagrees with something based on something YOU wrote and replies to YOUR OWN WORDS and you don’t like it, your response is to reduce it to personal attacks and insults. That’s not any form of respect, just pigheadedness. At least we know the level of respect you deal you with is drawn from the bottom of the barrel.

And as for ‘going to fuck myself and have a nice day’, I’m not going to lower myself to your ‘level’ here sufficed it to say that this response is returned with the same sentiment to which your post was originally given.

Comment

Fuming, I made a valid logical point with an example for illustration.

You responded by suggesting that I was personally biased.

You disregarded the points I made and sought to refute me by implying that I could form an objective opinion.

Your post was dismissive and patronizing, and I reacted to you as I would to any individual who was dissmissive and patronizing toward me. In fact, my reaction was mild.

I have no use for the kind of posts you made. Your address to me was illogical, unfactual and ignored any points I had tried to make. If you want to be treated with respect by me, then offer it to begin with.

You have the option of ignoring me. If you chose to respond to me, you take what you get. That's the reality of the internet, and the reality of most of life.

Comment

Fuming, I made a valid logical point with an example for illustration.

You responded by suggesting that I was personally biased.

You disregarded the points I made and sought to refute me by implying that I could form an objective opinion.

Your post was dismissive and patronizing, and I reacted to you as I would to any individual who was dissmissive and patronizing toward me. In fact, my reaction was mild.

I have no use for the kind of posts you made. Your address to me was illogical, unfactual and ignored any points I had tried to make. If you want to be treated with respect by me, then offer it to begin with.

You have the option of ignoring me. If you chose to respond to me, you take what you get. That's the reality of the internet, and the reality of most of life.
                          OK so Mess are you seriously saying that you think that Fuming's post was abusive to the same degree yours was and you were simply responding in kind? Or is it that as soon as someone disagrees with you or challenges you in any way, you reserve the right to throw a tantrum and since this is the internet that somehow makes that OK? Because the above really does look like your position is that anyone who questions your objectivity has every reason to expect that you will flame them right out of the gate, and that you defend that as a reasonable response.

Comment

canadamomma, are you fuming? Why do you keep answering for her?

Why are you so obsessed with my personality and motives?

If you want to address my points, you may address my points and we may have a civil conversation. If you want to address me, you take what you get.

Do I use a nuclear bomb to respond to a slingshot? Is that what you are asking? Yes. That's what you get.
                            I'm not wrong about something because of my personal qualities. If I am wrong about something, it is because I am factually wrong. Address what I write factually, or take what you get in return.

That you cannot understand that speaks volumes about your personality. Shall we get deeper into that?

Comment

Mess, when I responded to your point about the taxi cab in two posts, my point was that you did not make a logical point with an example for illustration. My whole point was that you were intimating that the exceptions in the law should be used as a reason NOT to follow the law and that your own personal example may have biased your opinion given it didn’t relate to her. She never once talked about her ex taking their children to school or even mentioned taking them in a cab. In any event, we disagree, but that’s the beauty of it, we’re allowed to! What would be the point if we were all on the same page? It’s great to have an outlet where we can exchange different ideas and opinions even when they are different.

I don’t think the point though is to incite anger in others and clearly my post ticked you off. In my own view, I don’t think I was being patronizing or dismissive. In fact, I even said that I often agreed with you and was perplexed by your logic because I found you often to be fair and balanced. I also said that we would agree to disagree on this one and that I appreciated your comments, the opportunity to debate in a friendly manner and for friendly banter. If you truly thought that my post was patronizing though, then I sincerely apologize. That was not my intent in any way, shape, or form and I certainly didn’t anticipate such an inflamed response. Had I thought it would have illicited a response that told me to ‘go fuck myself’, I never would have wrote it in the first place.

I’ll consider it a lesson learned for other posts I author in these forums. Yes, it’s the internet, and yes, we can all hide behind our user names and say whatever the hell we want. Be that as it may, my intent in using this forum is for educational purposes and as an opportunity to exchange and share ideas, thoughts, and prior experiences and with that, we won’t always agree. Having said that, I don’t think it’s productive to piss people off, and I clearly did so with you, so for that, I’m sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuming View Post
                                My whole point was that you were intimating that the exceptions in the law should be used as a reason NOT to follow the law and that your own personal example may have biased your opinion given it didn’t relate to her

Weird: I didn't get that from Mess' post at all. What I got from it was that it would possibly be a chickenshit move to call CAS about something like that.

I suggest that everybody take a breath and reread what he wrote.

Or not... I don't give a rat's ass

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X