X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving out of Province

Hello,

I am newly seperated and wondering if we eventually go down the divorce route, how difficult would it be to move with my child to another province. I would like to move back to my home province as I have a lot of support there (financially, emotionally, including child-care etc...). Even if I have sole custody, would this be quite difficult? I'm just wondering what to expect?

Do any of you have arrangements where the non-custodial parent flies to see their child?

Not even going to go there.

Search: mobility, rehash all the replies and you'll get your advice.

Comment

This site is not going to offer you easy or positive solutions on this paticular topic as the very notion of taking a child away from the other parent when so many are desperately trying to hold on to access to their children while living in the same town is seemingly so difficult.

In saying that, I am probably the only person that will tell you how I successfully have a workable international access agreement with my ex.

1 - I never ever sought a path at financially screwing him. I get paid far under any "table" amount.

Keep in mind - he now pays for flights back and forth to Europe multiple times a year to keep an active relationship with his son - so this is more important than padding my pockets with high CS, sec 7, spousal and any other money grabs that many women go for in attempts to financially rape their ex of all finances they can get their greedy hands on. (here come the ladies ready to bitch at me again for being a dad's rights activist)

2nd - I lived in his country for 10 years sacrificing family, support, and comforts so that my son would know his dad. This was the most important thing to me. So after 10 years when I said - we are at the half way mark - my turn to go home - he was understanding and accommodating.

3rd - I never once denied him access to his son. It was an open door policy.

4. We were ALWAYS civil and treated each other with respect.

5. His family is welcome to stay in my home ANYTIME - these people are my son's family.

6. My son spends a majority of the summer overseas now - It is in his best interest to know that he is loved by both parents - even if I miss him.

7. I reminded myself when over come with emotions that it does not serve anyone for me to act like an idiot so a glass of wine with a girlfriend and a bitch session was far more productive than being a bitch to my ex.

8. I kept the mantra "I am in the business of raising a happy healthy child and my ex is a business partner with equal shares invested"

9. I learned by watching the mistakes of others and swore never to lower myself to that level.

10. Having my son say thank you when his dad, his dad's wife, me, my partner, and him all went out to dinner and had a great evening was the moment that told me I did it right.

Keep in mind my situation is 1 in a million. If you have the right attitude you might have a slivers of a chance. If you have a screw you attitude - say good bye to a lot of money and hello to a hell of a lot of stress.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X