Polyamorous relationship recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polyamorous relationship recognized

Not sure how I feel about this. I always think these types of things will make family law much more complicated but the child seems to have a stable and happy home...

http://business.financialpost.com/pe...oundland-judge

I'm curious what going to happen when one of the partners decide to divorce. it's going to be a mess.

Comment

The ruling brings us half way to recognizing a polygamous common law marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by foreverhome View Post
        I'm curious what going to happen when one of the partners decide to divorce. it's going to be a mess.
        Why? Equalization seems to be fairly straightforward:

Person A: $100k
        Person B: $80k
        Person C: $30k

A gives $30k to C
        B gives $10k to C

Custody standard is best interests of child. So, nothing special there.

Child support would be similar to equalization, though it might require a Rioe type analysis where all three put into a pot and take out according to their parenting percentage. Not a terrible plan for standard couples anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          Why? Equalization seems to be fairly straightforward:

Person A: $100k
          Person B: $80k
          Person C: $30k

A gives $30k to C
          B gives $10k to C

Dividing by three isn't any harder than dividing by two, unless you have a serious math allergy.

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          Custody standard is best interests of child. So, nothing special there.

Child support would be similar to equalization, though it might require a Rioe type analysis where all three put into a pot and take out according to their parenting percentage. Not a terrible plan for standard couples anyway...

Now I know my system is robust!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X