How does one adjust yearly CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one adjust yearly CS

This year my T4 is going to show a substantial reduction in Income. How does one go about having CS reduced from last years income. Currently I am going through MEP (Alberta) ?

So I must not have framed my question with enough information.

So here is more info. I have an interim order from 2012 stating that I will be paying CS based on my 2011 tax year information and this is with MEP (Alberta). How do I have this CS changed to reflect my new tax year information. Do I need to file a motion with the court every year ?

Comment

MEP Alberta has an annual recalculation program for child support so you don't have to go to court every year.

You can go to the site: MEP Alberta Online - get information from there.

Comment

If your ex cooperates, you write and both sign and file an amendment of the separation agreement updating the current amount. There is probably a form available from MEP.

If your ex does not cooperate, you go to court to have the amount updated.

Comment

here is the link:

Child Support Recalculation Program - Alberta Justice

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X