Voicemail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
    In conjunction with her choice to move out of the child's primary area, to move to another city, if I recall correctly?
    Correct.

I have maintained that it is her intention, and have confirmation of this plan from a third party (hearsay), to eventually get the kids registered at school in her new city.

That is why she was so angry when I gave our separation agreement to the school where it outlined that the children are to remain in that school.

Comment

She's just being dramatic. It could be anything. Speculating at this point is just a waste of your time and energy.

Unless she's trying to plot illegal activity with you, there is nothing that can't be communicated in an email.

If it is a pregnancy, then make her take you to court to change the CS, and try to have her imputed to her normal income because having children is a choice that should be made with taking her current financial obligations into consideration. Rent doesn't go down while people are on mat leave. Nor should CS. And if she can't drive the children to school, offer to take them full time during the school year during her mat leave. Your agreement about them staying in the current school shouldn't change.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
        If it is a pregnancy, then make her take you to court to change the CS, and try to have her imputed to her normal income because having children is a choice that should be made with taking her current financial obligations into consideration...
        ...Your agreement about them staying in the current school shouldn't change.
        Very much in agreement with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
          She's just being dramatic. It could be anything. Speculating at this point is just a waste of your time and energy.

Unless she's trying to plot illegal activity with you, there is nothing that can't be communicated in an email.

If it is a pregnancy, then make her take you to court to change the CS, and try to have her imputed to her normal income because having children is a choice that should be made with taking her current financial obligations into consideration. Rent doesn't go down while people are on mat leave. Nor should CS. And if she can't drive the children to school, offer to take them full time during the school year during her mat leave. Your agreement about them staying in the current school shouldn't change.
          ^^^^ Rioe is very smart.

There is case law to this point... If you need someone to research it FB_ just post a new message thread to my attention and I will find loads of it for you.

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

I think you are playing this wrong FB.

You sound bitter (I know your story so I understand) however you now have everything you want.

Speak to her, record the conversation if you need to.

In quebec you can lose shared custody of the kids for not having good minimal communications.

Knowledge is power, let her talk to you and spill her beans - don't respond just say I see.

Comment

Btw, if your not bitter and non-chalant with her - not even "cold" it will annoy her even more and what reason do you have to be bitter, you're better off without her!

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post

You sound bitter (I know your story so I understand) however you now have everything you want.

In quebec you can lose shared custody of the kids for not having good minimal communications.

Knowledge is power, let her talk to you and spill her beans - don't respond just say I see.
                I am in NO way bitter. I could care less, It's her life.

As mentioned speculating is not useful. I will wait and find out what it really is.

Thanks All

Comment

Btw, if your not bitter and non-chalant with her - not even "cold" it will annoy her even more and what reason do you have to be bitter, you're better off without her!
                  It's just totally how she always handles herself. The whole drama about no it can't be in an email.... She likes control and always needs to be involved in everything.

Comment

She can handle herself how she likes, its not the end of the world to take a phone call from another human being rather than be stubborn that "it must be by email"

Comment

She can handle herself how she likes, its not the end of the world to take a phone call from another human being rather than be stubborn that "it must be by email"
                      Links, perhaps you missed some of the previous posts where the ex was creating a lot of drama through voice calls and texts. I think this would be a circumstance where being stubborn might be the best response, because of previous patterns of conflict.

Comment

There is no reason (unless it's a true emergency), that she can't communicate about the children/custody via email, or some other form of written communication. So the original poster has left communication open for this topic.

Comment

I absolutely disagree with this.

This poster's ex is definitely HC and it took months to set-up a pattern of getting her to use email.

At no point did the poster suggest he wasn't available to communicate he simply specified the method and he should. Email is verifiable and can be used in court. I would never communicate with my ex any other way unless there was a health emergency with my child.

Frankly, I would not call her or deal with nonsense and drama. If she is pregnant, there is no reason that she cannot communicate by email to notify anyone as such. In fact, if there is any interim plan to be made...it should be made via email. If she's pregnant, you'll find about it soon enough. Rioe, DD, etc are correct.

There's never going to be a time when this particular ex won't revert back to previous bad behavior unless you are diligent with how the situation is handled.

Believe me, her life situation is likely to get worse not better with regard to her relationship status....don't get dragged into the upcoming mess. I bet her new partner is already starting to realize what he's gotten himself into.

...not even "cold" it will annoy her even more...
                          Who cares if she's annoyed?

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                            ^^^^ Rioe is very smart.

There is case law to this point... If you need someone to research it FB_ just post a new message thread to my attention and I will find loads of it for you.

Good Luck!
                            Tayken
                            Tayken, I would like to see some of that case law as everything I have found points to judges giving orders to reduce a mothers CS obligation when she has more kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadaguy View Post
                              Tayken, I would like to see some of that case law as everything I have found points to judges giving orders to reduce a mothers CS obligation when she has more kids.
                              I agree that's all I've found as well.

Seems to be a valid reason to reduce CS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                                I absolutely disagree with this.

This poster's ex is definitely HC and it took months to set-up a pattern of getting her to use email.

At no point did the poster suggest he wasn't available to communicate he simply specified the method and he should. Email is verifiable and can be used in court. I would never communicate with my ex any other way unless there was a health emergency with my child.

Frankly, I would not call her or deal with nonsense and drama. If she is pregnant, there is no reason that she cannot communicate by email to notify anyone as such. In fact, if there is any interim plan to be made...it should be made via email. If she's pregnant, you'll find about it soon enough. Rioe, DD, etc are correct.

There's never going to be a time when this particular ex won't revert back to previous bad behavior unless you are diligent with how the situation is handled.

Believe me, her life situation is likely to get worse not better with regard to her relationship status....don't get dragged into the upcoming mess. I bet her new partner is already starting to realize what he's gotten himself into.

Who cares if she's annoyed?
                                I agree I've worked way to hard and I have been way to happy to go backwards here.

Her not wanting to use email is not my issue... She's trying to make a big deal out of something that I will most likely not care about. I won't be able to avoid her for long. She will corner me at the kids hockey tomorrow.

The only thing I need from her now is the signed travel consent forms for our Cruise in 3 weeks. She has 4 more days according to our agreement.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X