X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voicemail

I received a vm from my ex last night.
    Hi it's me

I hope you are not screening your calls.

I have something very important to talk to you about. I hope you call me back.
    Yup I was screening my calls and no I didn't call her back.

This morning I sent her an email saying

If you have something really important to talk about it should be sent via email.

Thanks
    Here response

This can't be sent in email
    I replied saying then it's not that important and I don't need to know.

I have a feeling she is pregnant. I received a Similac "Welcome to the club" package at the house last week. I gave it to her the next morning when she dropped off the kids. A couple of other strange requests as well.

If it is that I don't see how it is important.

Everytime you post about your ex, she just sounds soooo manipulative.

The nosey in me wants to know what it is

Comment

Probably wise.
      Good for you.

I receive similar requests from my ex. "I've left you this message, and you need to call me right now." (with no details).

I always followup with an email,
      "Received a voice-mail from you, but you didn't say what it pertained to. So I'm checking in with you, about what it was about?"

Shows I'm responding. It has *never* been an emergency, when she demands a "phone call".

Comment

My response

Then it’s not important and I don’t need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioMomma View Post
          Everytime you post about your ex, she just sounds soooo manipulative.

The nosey in me wants to know what it is
          I'll be sure to let you know.

My co-worker suggested I respond simply "Boy or Girl"

funny but not appropriate.

Comment

And her response

No it's plenty important like I said it can't discussed in an email so maybe I was wrong in thinking we could talk about it. You have no problem talking to me when it's important to you I see how it is.

Sent from my iPhone
            And I'm done with this, I'm not responding and will continue to not answer her calls.

She is going to see me at some point and corner me to tell me. I'm not playing a game.

The only thing I ever talk to her about is the kids and if it's important always via email.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
              ...I have a feeling she is pregnant....

If it is that I don't see how it is important.
              Well, do you share children with her, yourself?

If so, in some respects it would be important to know she's pregnant.

Yeah, ok... Maybe here is some drama in there and it's not an emergency that you know...

But if you have kids together, and they will soon have a little brother or sister, that's important for your kids. And therefore important for you to know.

I agree however, that the whole 'we have to talk' is a little over the top. Attention seeking to be sure.

Comment

My guess would be that she wants to change CS due to expecting and does not want it in writting but that just a guess. IMO.

Ex's never seem to go away! Good luck!

Comment

And her response

And I'm done with this, I'm not responding and will continue to not answer her calls.

She is going to see me at some point and corner me to tell me. I'm not playing a game.

The only thing I ever talk to her about is the kids and if it's important always via email.
                  Good call. Just walk away. She'll email you the info if it's really that important for you to know.

Comment

Ex's never seem to go away! Good luck![/QUOTE]

Awww...seriously??...S**T!!

Comment

Originally posted by good_mom View Post
                      My guess would be that she wants to change CS due to expecting and does not want it in writting but that just a guess. IMO.

Ex's never seem to go away! Good luck!
                      This is my guess.

Is this considered a material change in circumstances?

Comment

Is this considered a material change in circumstances?
                        That certainly is a change in material circumstance.
                        However, assuming it is not you she is pregnant by, your CS obligations are not affected by how many children he has. Only by how many children she has by you.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
                          That certainly is a change in material circumstance.
                          However, assuming it is not you she is pregnant by, your CS obligations are not affected by how many children he has. Only by how many children she has by you.
                          I'm thinking she's going to tell me she can't drive the kids to school on her days...since she will be on Mat leave...

I pay off-set and her income will no doubt go down.

Again I'm totally speculating...Best to wait to hear what she actually needs to say...
                          Last edited by FB_; 11-08-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking she's going to tell me she can't drive the kids to school on her days...since she will be on Mat leave...

I pay off-set and her income will no doubt go down.

Again I'm totally speculating...Best to wait to hear what she actually needs to say...
                            If that was the case, would that be intentional underemployment?

Comment

In conjunction with her choice to move out of the child's primary area, to move to another city, if I recall correctly?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X