This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continental shifts

I work 12 hour continental shifts....work 2 ,off 2, work 3 ,off 2, work 2 ,off 3 a total of 14 days a month, switching from days to nights. Is there anyone else out there that has the same or simular that has there children more then 40% of the time.this is what my kids are use to,the wife says they won't have a primary home life.it seems to be ok now but not when we seperate.

I work 7 12 hour shifts out of 14 days...I have my kids on my days off..but during the week I only get to have them from afterschool untill8:30 pm...My ex says it is not in the kids best intrest to stay with me during the week as she says its not good for them..and guess wht..the courts bought it...How can spending time with their father when he is avaliable to be there not good for them? She just didn't want to lose the money..and the courts always go with the woman...After a seperation it seems the father no longer matters to the kids..just the mother.

Comment

I work this exact shift and I have my kids on all my days off. So it's 50/50. There are a number of ppl on my crew who have the same custody situation.
      It works very well.

I drop them off the evening before I start days and she picks them up from me the evening before I start nights.

Comment

Yes but your ex would have had to agree to it...I can't see the courts giving it to you if she didn't

Comment

dont believe anything the wife tells you. She is looking out for herself and not your best interests. Get a lawyer and start to distangle finances and other stuff.

Comment

My soon-to-be-brother-in-law works that shift. He has primary custody, with about 60/40 him. It was court ordered.

All pickups and dropoffs are done at his sons school. My sister helps with ensuring his son is there and stuff, but he still has it.

Just know that he was originally EOW and a night or so a week until his ex made some false accusations against him, and then got the book thrown at her when evidence was shown (a video) proving she was lying. So she ended up in jail. Bro-in-law also had the support of the kids service providers (dr., school etc) stating he was providing a stable and supportive home.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X