Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my son says it's referred to as "phishing"

Comment

^^This is what the site might be up to in some way...

Related phishing scam

Husband and wife stole $550,000 on mini phishing rampage, police allege - JPMorgan Chase, Personal Tech, security, Wells Fargo - CSO | The Resource for Data Security Executives

For folks that like all things Apple....note the problem in the link below on the subject of phishing

http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/17/bewar...phishing-scam/
      Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Wow. I had no idea that the content of this site may be copy and pasted as original on another site. Yeah, I know it's **possible** but, I'm shocked to find out it's actually being done. This can't be legal can it?

Naïve bugger I am.

Comment

My son told me it isn't unheard of. He told me to always check the top of the screen I'm on (example - // www . ottawadivorce . com for us computer-illiterate folk. I have to admit I have never paid any attention to this.

Helps to have a son like mine, especially when one dives eagerly into a Nigerian website. I had casually told him about today's adventure while out at the store. He abruptly stopped and said "you did what?" The shopping trip immediately terminated and soon after my computer was flushed out and I had to redo all my passwords etc. That will certainly teach me a lesson!
          Last edited by arabian; 01-19-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
            Ottawa Divorce Forums is liable for copyright violation.
            Really, I thought user posted materials don't make the site liable. Out of curiosity can you point me to the law (I'm a web person).

Comment

The key strat to phishing is very simple you send an email like "You've gotten a facebook message from X ... CLICK HERE to check your message" That click here link takes you to an exact site that looks like facebook but different URL but it could even be something like http://www.facebook.monkeyrandom.com/facebook you enter your credentials and then that site REDIRECTS you to the real facebook site and either passes your credentials on (facebook might detect that) OR just puts you back at the real login page like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by jilly
                Perhaps resourceful and slug head took offence to the moderator buulshit and passed the info on this site along.....

Would make it easy for someone to perhaps borrow some credentials?

Enjoy......
                What a sad use of someone's time that would be.

Comment

The reason they are doing that is for advertising revenue.

Content is King in the internet world if you build a site with a good original content you get higher google rankings thus ppl click thus you get advertising revenue.

Reporting it to google would probably be a good site, you can also perhaps check the IP of ppl from Nigeria and ban them and/or you can ban everybody outside of North America and Europe///

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                    Really, I thought user posted materials don't make the site liable. Out of curiosity can you point me to the law (I'm a web person).
                    I tell you what, you put up a website and upload Pirates of the Carribean and I'm sure Disney's lawyers will explain it to you.

Or you could Google "Fair Use."

Comment

I tell you what, you put up a website and upload Pirates of the Carribean and I'm sure Disney's lawyers will explain it to you.

Or you could Google "Fair Use."
                      I see, ok but realistically speaking you're liable if upon request you don't remove it or if its flagrant or something.....

Furthermore, we're not talking about disney or movie studios here....

I'm just a user of the site, I understand I have no rights so if those are the rules so be it but I thought there was something else to the whole topic, thanks.

Comment

If something is wrong, you don't do it in the first place.

Comment

If something is wrong, you don't do it in the first place.
                          It's only a crime if you get caught (just kidding...)

Comment

Because, if lovin' you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Comment

I'd be worried about signing up on that site, it would probably open you up to hacking and identity theft.
                              Agreed. You'd be opening yourself up to problems.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X