Help please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please....

Newbie question.... a little background first.

Child is now 13.

Father never in her life , he hid his whereabouts from me for years so I could never initiate court action.

In 2016 he reaches out to me that he wants to be part of her life - they spent approx 2 months getting to know each other. Visits outing etc.... when I brought up support he agreed but had some ridiculous stipulations that went along with it so I retained a lawyer.

Spent 2017 trying to serve him the application he would continually evade the servers. Got an order for sub service and completed that.

Was noted in default January 2018.

May 2018- I filed an Uncontested Trail and gave oral testimony in June 2018 where I was granted a final order for child support, 3 yrs retro, custody and access at child’s discretion.

Ex received the support deduction order from FRO and has filed a motion to set aside 10 days later.

In his motion he says he didn’t receive the Application and he is also asking for a DNA test.... no question he is just trying to draw this out. He provides no reason for the default only that he didn’t get it.

My reply affidavit contains text messages telling him I had retained counsel, text message telling him about the uncontested trial. Text messages where he and I are talking about our daughter and him helping out and going to court , also a photo of the 2 of them.

My side is that he intentionally stonewalled this and I feel my evidence backs up those claims.

However I met with duty counsel (no longer have a lawyer) and he said that my ex will likely be successful.

My questions are;

1. Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this and what was the outcome?
    2. In the 14c confirmation it is asking me to list the orders I want, which to be fair I asked for the following; Order to be set aside for 30 days while he filed his answer and form 13. Case conference in 30 days or soonest after that, DNA test to satisfy his on again off again question at his expense within 15 days AND if he defaults at the 30 days the final order is reinstated.
    3. The 14c is asking for a draft order - but this is his motion do I still type one up containing the above?

Thoughts please????

Why is he asking for a DNA test? That won’t get him off the hook for child support even if he is not the father because he has been the acting father figure in her life and such will still have to pay support.

Comment

For 2 months maybe. He’s never been part of her life. He’s asking, I assume to put things further on hold. I am married so she has a father figure but that doesn’t replace him and never will even if he has never been there

Comment

Why not type up the draft order? Humans are lazy, and judges are human; a draft order makes life easy

I think you are taking the right steps. The stalling won't work, he will have to pay eventually.

After you win, don't forget to file with FRO (or your local enforcement agency) because it doesn't seem like this guy is going to pay a penny voluntarily.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
          Why won't you agree to a DNA test? I find it very questionable that you rushed to get child support as soon as he requested to be involved with his child - and that you are vigorously opposing a DNA testing following the order for retroactive and ongoing child support.
          where did she say she was opposed to the DNA test?

Comment

In fact she included the DNA test in her requested orders. That doesn’t seem like vigorous opposition.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X